Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
PreviousSenior Oracle DBA (w/ Expertise in HCM Suite administration)/Northern Virginia contract
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Expertise with or strong knowledge of various technologies used by development and operations (or equivalents). Expertise in DBA standard practices.
• Architect and implement solutions that solve complicated database challenges around performance, scaling, hardening and transformation. Create monitoring solutions and instrument application to provide insights into database performance and understand emerging issues.
• Documents, plans, organizes, and executes database activities regarding reliability, performance monitoring and tuning, security, backup and disaster recovery.
• Supports multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
• Ensure excellent quality and maintain high standards in all process listed in the relevant process maps. Adheres to standards and procedures. Ensures appropriate information security is applied in all tasks. Implements required security controls are designed around data and databases.
• Develops logical data models and data flows. Translates logical data models into physical database designs.
• Troubleshoots databases accessibility, availability or operability problems to identify and mitigate errors or deficiencies and develop solutions. Determines the appropriate course of actions for fixing problems, identifies and mitigates risks, and implements solutions. Basic analytical, problem solving skills. Seek pragmatic and effective solutions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
• Advanced communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with colleagues, senior management and other functional teams. Good oral and written communication skills in English. Escalates/communicates issues when necessary.
• Works on multiple projects as a team member or sometimes as a technical lead. A proven track record as a team player and ability to work independently. Shares knowledge, skill, or expertise with others. Ability to coach others.
• A proven track record as a good team player. Shares knowledge, skill, or expertise with others. Ability to coach others.
• Master Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field with 3 or more years of experience
• Associates degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field with 5 or more years of relevant experience
• Or equivalent/ relevant work experience (9+ years)
• Minimum Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Must have experience working on and troubleshooting databases used by the SuccessFactors or Peoplesoft, etc (SF) HCM Suite of products especially SF BizX and SF LMS.
• Expertise configuring, monitoring and reviewing logs, including proper startup/shutdown of any one of the following: Oracle database.
• Must have experience working with more than one database system: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, or HANA database.
• Experience successfully migrating data from one database platform to another database platform. Define and execute replication procedures.
• Experience performing database exports and imports, database snapshots, database auditing and license management.
• Experience defining and executing backup and recovery procedures; ability to define and document appropriate backup strategies.
• Expertise in database design, diagraming database systems and data flows.
Programming Language / Automation
• Advanced SQL skills
• Advanced skills with scripting language, such as Bash or PowerShell, specifically regarding automation of database processes.
Platform /Operating Systems
• Experience with Redhat or Windows OS
• Experience working with AWS Technologies
• Understanding of networking concepts (e.g., firewall, OSI model)
• Understanding of virtualization concepts
• Expertise with use of role based access control.
• Expertise with hardening database systems.
• Experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) methodology.
Other tools (preferred but not required)
• Replication Server
• Atlassian's JIRA or similar task tracking/ticketing tool.
• Atlassian's Confluence, Microsoft's SharePoint or similar knowledge management tool
Apply by creating/using an account