Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Visa Required: US Citizen, GC, GC-EAD, or H1B No Opt's
Top 3-5 skills sets to focus on:
1) Software Defined Networking; concepts, architecture, design and deployment.
2) Network Functions Virtualization (NFV); particularly firewall and load balancing
3) LAN and WAN protocols; routing & switching
Skills, experience, software, certifications:
1) Nuage Networks would be great
2) VMware NSX
3) Fortinet / Checkpoint / F5
Seeking experienced network engineer who will be responsible for engineering network solutions across Client's Managed Cloud Offerings. Working with product management, architecture and software automation teams to engineer, deploy and maintain an industry leading set of cloud network offerings. Expect to work across a broad organization so needs to be highly collaborative and skilled at developing relationships. The individual must understand the technical landscape of network options and be ready to hit the ground running while merging traditional network infrastructure knowledge with cloud inherent automation.
• Stays current with Client Networking and third party network offerings including, but not limited to, Client Managed Switches, Bladesystem Switches, Cisco and F5 technologies.
• Solid understanding of the transition from physical network architectures to virtual network appliances and software defined networking.
• Solid understanding of Software Defined Network architecture and deployment, including but not limited to VMware NSX and Nuage Networks VSP.
• Solid understanding of Firewalling principles and technologies, including SSL and IPSec VPNs.
• Solid understanding of Load Balancing principles.
• Solid understanding of modern datacenter network architectures.
• Collaborate with the Offering Management so market requirements are the central focus of all engineered solutions, advocate from experience to add or redirect feature/function where appropriate
• Establish appropriate network footprint in labs to perform engineering to release activities.
• Collaborate closely with Cloud infrastructure engineering counterparts to maintain and implement hardware and security standards
• Define and provide bill of materials, build and test plans, deployment and runbook documentation as well as full life-cycle management and L4 production support
• Evaluate and qualify supplier technology based on technology roadmaps and Architecture Strategy
• Will establish and maintain relationships with Client's Enterprise Group for Hardware lifecycle, keeping ahead of new release and promoting how they will add value to Client's world class cloud offering
• Support the integration of tools & process into delivery Services, working closely with Cloud delivery
• Provide Delivery trainings for new services as required
• Baseline knowledge of virtualization (vmware or KVM) and *nix
• Baseline knowledge of at least one scripting language (perl / python / bash / etc…) and ability to apply it in infrastructure projects and deal with network / cloud automation projects
• 10+ years of experience in Global IT environments, with minimum of 8 years in infrastructure and datacenter operations or network engineering
• Solid knowledge of Client's networking solutions
• Overall Cloud/IaaS/Hosting knowledge, ideal to know/clearly understand how all the other components work together to create a service.
• Ability to work with R&D and software
• Solid knowledge of F5 networking solutions (or other Load-Balancing vendor solution)
• Ability to break down a feature deliverable into its component pieces for project management to drive engineering plans
• Broad knowledge in full DC technologies including but not limited to OSs, Servers, Network, Security and automation/billing software
• Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
• Ability to assimilate multiple technologies / service requirements into a complete service design.
• Should have a proven track record of influencing others and be able to work with minimal guidance
• Ability to translate Architecture Requirement definitions into technical service engineering deliverables including Documentation, Bills of Material (with Product Groups), Cost,..
• Basic programming or scripting experience
Responsible for the direction of the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of software programs. Oversees the development of software for operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, etc. Responsible for determining hardware compatibility and/or influencing hardware design. Master: Unique mastery and recognized expertise on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, or techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organizations long term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multifunction teams. Programming software for operating systems, utilizing machine assembly and/or job control languages and software capabilities. Education: Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree or equivalent experience. Experience: 15+ years.
Apply by creating/using an account