Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Financial Advisor is a critical member of the wealth management team and is the firm's face to the market. He/she not only identifies and cultivates new clients, but maintains a close, ongoing relationship with his or her existing base of clients. A successful Financial Advisor becomes the client's trusted advisor for all things related to financial planning.
Our Financial Advisors are registered investment advisors with a fiduciary duty to serve the best interest of their clients. Financial Advisors work closely with their clients to understand each client's long-term goals, financial needs, tax situation and tolerance for risk. Then they develop and execute a plan to help each client reach their goals in the most prudent way. The Financial Advisor is also responsible for monitoring the plan and its progress and communicating with the client on an ongoing basis.
Financial Advisors report to Managing Directors, whose role is to mentor and ensure an Advisor's success. Managing Directors guide Advisors in developing sales strategies, implementing a business plan, cultivating sales and servicing skills, and capitalizing on meetings with clients, professionals and prospects.
Each Advisor is supported by a group of highly qualified Private Client Associates who become an extension of the Advisor in handling a significant proportion of routine client inquiries and other logistical matters.
A Financial Advisor is a vital position at one of the nation's outstanding investment firms, and an opportunity to create a life's career with substantial financial rewards.
The Ideal Financial Advisor Candidate
· Is a college graduate, and may have an MBA, but an advanced degree is not required.
· Is a successful sales professional with approximately 10 years of work experience (at a minimum). They are at a stage in their career where they are highly motivated to succeed professionally and financially.
· Can demonstrate success in dealing with complex financial matters. They are also able to clearly communicate and provide clarity to their clients on complex financial matters.
· Thrives on meeting new people.
· Is an energetic and entrepreneurial business builder, who thrives and excels in a competitive marketplace, and has demonstrated success in building a business from the ground up.
· Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain relationships with third-party referral sources such as attorneys, accountants and business advisors.
· Has strong practice management skills. They bring a disciplined and organized process which they apply consistently to their practice.
· Is resilient. They have the ability to deal with setbacks, be flexible and adapt to change.
· Has strong presentations skills, both one-on-one and in larger groups.
· Has exceptional sales and relationship management skills. They have demonstrated the ability to build relationships with clients on both broad business issues and deep personal issues. They become the "trusted advisor” to their clients.
· Is actively involved in their community, preferably in a leadership role.
· Is not intimidated by significant wealth and welcomes the opportunity to be around these individuals.
· Works tirelessly on clients' behalf, going the "extra mile” to assure that he/she understands their needs and meets them.
· Bases their interaction with clients on meeting needs and goals, not on generating multiple transactions.
· Is trustworthy and has personal integrity that is beyond reproach.
Is a careful listener and empathetic with clients.
Apply by creating/using an account