Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PreviousSenior Oracle GL & Accounting ERP Consultant/Virginia Beach, VA 6mth+ Contract (NTTJP00005671)
Visa Reqd: USC, GC, EAD-GC ANd H1s
NO Opts Please
MUST BE Local for in person interview. This is an accounting position.
Development of chart of accounts (COA) analysis document.
The Oracle GL analyst will conduct an analysis of alternatives for the design of the chart of accounts to include the following:
• Review of School and City current COA to establish a foundation for efficient accounting, budgeting and reporting.
• Recommendations, advantages and disadvantages to options including: two separate COAs (one for the City and one for the Schools); the same COA for City and Schools; the same COA for City and Schools with separate numbering.
• Advantages and disadvantages analysis of COA to include the implications for on-going maintenance, security and reporting.
• Advantages and disadvantage analysis and recommendations for using project, grant and activity codes as part of the COA to consider implementation during phase 1 or 2 of the grants and projects cloud modules.
• Recommendations for naming conventions for COA segments and groupings, numbering of roll-up groups in the segment based on analysis of current, actual use, best practices, future growth and reporting needs.
• Recommendations to include best practice use of hierarchies, dynamic insertion, account types and roll up groups for classifying reporting breaks for segments.
• Development of crosswalk logic between current COA and recommendations for future COA options.
• Review of existing cash management fund customization and provide feedback on the impact to the proposed COA and GL.
• Develop recommendations for options to configure cash within funds, and ensure accounting, reconciliation and reporting for cash without customization.
• Provide guidance for financial and budgetary controls.
• Advantages and disadvantages of COA design foundation on financial funds reservations for requisitions and purchase orders
• Recommendations for COA structure that supports budgetary control for different groups such as the City budget office, City departments and City budget units including project managers for CIPS
In collaboration with the ERP Program Team, prepare documentation (functional requirements, functional analysis, alternatives, process and recommendation) for review on a periodic basis as defined in the mutually agreed upon schedule of activities/tasks.
NOTE: Client standard documentation templates will be used where available and applicable.
In collaboration with the ERP Program Team Members, define tasks that will track and manage progress of the activities that have been identified above.
Enter time and task notes weekly into PlanView for work that was completed to deliver the activities that have been defined above.
NOTE: Invoices will not be paid unless time billed match what is entered into PlanView and task notes are complete.
Weekly status reports to the Client's project manager and Applications Administrator
Weekly meeting with the Applications Administrator and will be established with by the Applications Administrator
Client is currently on e-business suite version R12.1.3, and is an Oracle Managed Cloud Services hosted customer.
Must have clear verbal and written communications skills
Client uses PlanView to track project tasks and to record daily time expended on the activity
Client is currently using Oracle e-business suite version R12.1.3, and is an Oracle Managed Cloud Services hosted customer
• 10+ years of overall experience.
• 5+ years of Oracle Financials/Oracle GL.
Apply by creating/using an account