Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Network Engineer (With Cisco Nexus & Catalyst)/Plano, TX 4mth+ Contract
(H1's OK! No OPT's Ever)
Must have skills:
Routing and Switching
ASA – Firewall and VPN
Cisco nexus and catalyst
NSX and ACI network virtualization
Provides expert technical support and oversight in the coordination, control, planning, design and operation of global, internal/external highly complex data, voice or video communication systems including multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks or voice networks. Researches, recommends and implements new cutting edge technologies to ensure an appropriate future direction. Provides expert technical support in troubleshooting highly complex data, voice or video network and hardware problems; researches and analyzes significant complex network problems that require evaluation of intangibles i.e. downstream effects on client satisfaction; assesses/evaluates current and future systems. Researches, analyzes and recommends data, voice or video networking technologies to remain pro-active and current in the industry. Oversees testing and implementation for future direction. Advises senior management regarding the current operational status networks and of pertinent developments. Education: Bachelor's Degree. Experience: 7+ years.
Software Defined Networking Engineer
• 1-3 years experience with implementing software defined networking in a large enterprise or Service Provider. Preferred experience with Nuage product line.
• 4-6 years of virtualized network functions including vFirewalls, vLoad balancers, VPN's, proxy servers, web application firewalls, etc.
• Ability to work with NW Architects to complete a new service design (from service provisioning to operational support), develop low-level design, test service in the lab, train delivery and support deployment of services into a production environment.
• 5-7 years Experience with networking within a Virtualized environments. Preferred experience with VMware and Hyper-V virtualized networking.
• 1-3 years of operational experience in supporting software defined networking including experience in correlating overlay with underlay networks.
• 2-3 years hands on experience with using SDN API's to automate network services within a software defined networking environment.
• Software defined networking product (Nuage, NSX, OpenDaylight, etc.) expertise (Nuage preferred)
• SDN Policy Management
• SDN Programmability (preferred, not required)
• Virtual Network Function (F5, Fortinet, BlueCoat, etc.)
• L2, L3 Networking
• AWS & Azure Networking concepts (preferred)
Core Network Engineer
• 7-8 years experience with core networking products including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and networking gateway products.
• 3-5 years working in a lab testing network products against a service specification. Experience with testing tools to support testing of networking capabilities (ex )
• 4-6 years documenting deployment work instructions (ex wiring diagrams, installation procedures, etc.) and operational guides for delivery resources to support a new networking service in a production environments
• 2-3 years of experience with deploying physical hardware into a data center (racking, wiring, etc.)
• 4-6 years of experience with implementing both LAN and WAN connectivity solutions and/or services. Ability to understand and design networks for specific workloads (ex backup/recovery, low latency, etc.)
• 1-2 years designing and implementing Network Monitoring solutions
• 2-3 years designing and implementing security within a enterprise network
• 2-3 years engineering highly available networks
• L2, L3 Networking (VLAN, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, Layer-2 VLAN extensions, 802.1q, QoS, etc.)
• GRE & MPLS
• VPN (IPsec and SSL/TLS)
• HPE Networking Products (Routers, Switches, etc.)
• Checkpoint, Fortinet firewalls
• IPv4 and IPv6 (desired)
Apply by creating/using an account