Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Location :San Jose CA
Duration :7+ Months
***US Citizen or Green Card Holder Only***
"The candidate will be responsible for an expansive network spanning globally and all the telecommunications that supports it. You'll use the know-how and discerning standards you've racked up over years of experience to recommend emerging technologies to keep the network ahead of our business goals. You'll also collaborate with other groups within Infrastructure Technology and handle business solutions for the company's overall network infrastructure.
We're looking for people who've worked in many network environments with many vendors and that is results oriented, energetic and highly motivated. Plans, designs, and implements networked systems including configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as routers, switches and firewalls; project implementation; providing training and assisting with proposal writing. "
• Provides technical thought leadership both within the network organization as well as outside of his/her domain
• Works closely with other network engineers, review, execute technical designs and provide technical direction.
• Evaluate, define and develop new and existing reference standards and their adoption, to successfully on-board services with speed, quality and efficiency.
• Provide key input around defining and delivering overall network strategy and transformation aligned with key business initiatives.
• Lead Global Network related projects providing leadership, project plans and guidance to distributed team members and vendors.
• Informed and involved in all infrastructure disruption with relevancy in Data Center to deliver a Global Infrastructure strategic roadmap.
• Provide 3rd level support to the Network Operations Group for monitoring and troubleshooting of these networks.
• Develop written procedures, engineering drawings, and other technical documentation.
• Influence the development of networking standards to meet the business requirements.
• Participate in an on-call (7x24) support rotation with other members of the Networking group.
• Minimum of 8 - 10 years in IT network operations.
• Advanced knowledge in Enterprise architecture, infrastructure deployments and solutions design
• Strong hands-on experience in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers
• Extensive hand experience in EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and MPLS, and other routing protocols.
• Working experience with High availability Data Center design experience and big data models.
• Experience and understanding in capacity sharing in a compute environment. Understanding of Database architectures and designs
• Strong knowledge of Wireless Technologies
• Experience in designing and supporting wireless in dense environments
• Experience in monitoring tools (commercial or otherwise)
• Experience working within the requirements of a change management system.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
• Strong organization skills and professional demeanor. Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations.
• BS degree in CS, MIS, or equivalent experience
Apply by creating/using an account