Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
As the Systems Integration Engineer, the person will be responsible for / involved in all technical aspects of the implementation. In this role, the person will be closely working with MES integration and application architects, PSI integration lead, MES application team, SAP and Corporate IT, Legacy Mainframe IT and the Process Automation group.
• Understand the IT infrastructure requirement to support MES and work with the IT infrastructure group to get the necessary MES environment set up for development, test and production
• Be involved in the identification, analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of interfaces
• Develop and maintain technical specifications related to interfaces
• Develop, execute and document integration test plan and test scripts
• Get trained in relevant PSI modules (Factory Model, PSI Integration). Be involved with PSI in the integration of different MES components with Factory Model. This may require occasional travel to PSI office in Pittsburgh.
The person is also expected to assist with the development of end user reports and management reports.
• Understand business reporting requirements and assist MES integration architect in establishing reporting strategy
• Set up MES data warehouse and integration with MES Factory Model
• Provide as needed assistance to the report developers / BI developers
The person will be responsible for day-to-day support of all interfaces and assist the MES support team with the continuous improvement of the systems.
• Monitor interface performance and resolve day-to-day issues
• Identify improvement opportunities, recommend solutions and work with MES team to implement them
• Maintain production, test and development systems environments
• Stay abreast of the latest technology developments and keep the MES team educated. Exchange ideas and knowledge with other ArcelorMittal plants worldwide, and with the competence center in Europe.
• Ensure timely upgrade of the systems to keep them on supported software and OS.
• Keep all relevant documents (technical design document, test plans) up-to-date.
• Follow IT Change Management process for implementation of changes in production environment. Maintain necessary documentation to show compliance to the process.
Minimum Education Requirement: BS or MS in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of database design including the ability to write PL/SQL queries for data verification / troubleshooting
• 2+ years of experience of coding object oriented programs like Python, VB, C#, Java, C++
• Experience of building or maintaining interfaces between systems
• Understanding of XML schemas
• One full cycle of software solution implementation (requirement gathering, solution design, configuration, testing and commissioning)
• Strong analytical ability and strong interest in systems troubleshooting
• Mastery of Microsoft tools suite – Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Excellent ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and coordinate activities
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a group environment and independently
• Possess a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
• 3+ years' experience as systems integrator
• Middleware experience (e.g. WebSphere/ IBM MQ, BizTalk/MSMQ)
• Web and windows development experience using .Net Technologies
• Experience of BI Report development
Apply by creating/using an account