Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
***US Citizens and Green Card holders ONLY***
MES Production Management
As the IT implementation lead for PSI Production Management and/or Logistics solutions, the person will be working with the business leads, subject matter experts from business and IT, and PSI consultants to get the production and/or logistics systems implemented in a timely way. The person is expected to assist MES Project Manager in managing the implementation of the systems, and be involved hands-on in the technical design, configuration, testing and rollout.
• Create and maintain project plan together with the PSI lead.
• Maintain issue log and get the issues addressed in a timely way. Provide periodic updates to MES Project Manager.
• Get trained in relevant PSI modules (Production, Logistics, Factory Model, PSI Integration). This will require travel to PSI office in Pittsburgh.
• Assist MES Solution Architect in developing systems architecture and defining interfaces with external systems (SAP, L2, Mainframe).
• Participate / Involve hands-on in requirement gathering, technical design, configuration, integration, test plan creation, unit and integration testing, and rollout. Work under the directions of PSI Metals technical lead and MES Solution Architect.
As the primary technical support and resident technical expert of the production management and/or logistics systems, the person will be responsible for day-to-day support and continuous improvement of the systems.
• Resolve day-to-day issues involving production management and logistics systems and their interfaces with other internal (MES) and external (SAP, L2, Mainframe) systems.
• Assist plant IT manager with prioritization of work requests. Provide periodic update of work progress.
• Identify improvement opportunities, recommend solutions and work with business to implement them.
• Stay abreast of the latest features and functionalities available in PSI solution and keep the business users educated. Exchange ideas and knowledge with other ArcelorMittal plants worldwide, and with the competence center in Europe.
• Be the back-up technical support for other areas (quality and planning).
• Ensure timely upgrade of the systems to keep them on supported software and OS.
• Keep all relevant documents (technical design document, test plans) up-to-date.
• Follow IT Change Management process for implementation of changes in production environment. Maintain necessary documentation to show compliance to the process.
Minimum Education Requirement: BS or MS in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent experience
• Hands-on experience of implementing/supporting systems for production management and/or logistics functions in manufacturing industry
• One full cycle of software solution implementation (requirement gathering, solution design, configuration, testing and commissioning)
• Familiarity with production management and logistics business processes
• Experience of writing simple SQL statements for data verification / troubleshooting
• Experience in writing structured program code; PLSQL preferred
• Project planning
• Strong analytical ability and strong interest in systems trouble shooting
• Understanding of database structure and terminologies
• Mastery of Microsoft tools suite – MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
• Excellent ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and coordinate activities
• Understanding of steel manufacturing
• 3+ years' experience of implementing and/or supporting production order and/or logistics or related software solutions in steel industry
Apply by creating/using an account