Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
- 6 months initial contract with possibility of contract extension for another 6 months.
- Remote work is not acceptable for this role.
Job Profile Summary:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Lead will have a diversified role being responsible for implementing Test Frameworks, Standards, Reporting and Metrics. The QA Lead will help implement best-in-class QA operations that will guarantee results and support of continuous releases of in-house application delivery. He or she may lead a team of quality assurance professionals that are embedded into multiple scrum teams. He or she will manage and enhance the test processes, manual and automated, and help drive continuous improvement of the QA practices.
This individual is a thought leader, has great communication skills and contributes to solve critical problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Own the QA processes and champion continuous improvement initiatives across projects and portfolios
• Provide thought leadership on design, development, and execution of QA practice
• Manage QA standards, process, guidelines metrics and reporting
• Manage QA metrics/ KPI including release and operationalization criteria
• Manage test environment needs, requirements and integration criteria for each domains
• Ensure compliance of testing standards and processes throughout the software development lifecycle
• Contribute to training activities related to quality and reliability
• Contribute to transforming testing teams to high efficiency, automation centric testing teams
• Manage/participate in Community of Practice for QA to promote established standards and identify gaps
• Provide coaching and support for Testers
• More than 10 years of QA experience in software industry in managing all aspects of QA practices within different software development methodologies
• Technical leadership and people management experience
• Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches
• Experience with test automation practice and tools
• Experience with performance measurement tools such as Load Runner/Jmeter and Visual Studio Load Test
• Experience with cloud test tools such as Chaos Monkey
• Familiarity with Azure and Azure Test Automation Environment
o Application Insights
o PowerShell, and Azure CLI
o Dev-Test for testing PaaS solutions and microservice solutions
• Familiarity BOLT on Openshift (Asset)
• Up-to-date on current technologies including web, multiple database platforms, virtual and cloud platforms, automation tools, web services, DevOps and configuration management
• Knowledge and experience in implementation of various testing methodologies, working knowledge of Agile principals & practices is essential.
• Experienced in non-functional testing including performance testing
• Experience with various tools like Jira, Zephyr, SonarQube, etc. is a plus
• Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience (required)
• Certifications : ITIL foundations (Asset), Agile or equivalent experience (Required)
• Interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations
• Ability to promote & drive change
• Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices
Apply by creating/using an account