Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
- Contract to Perm opportunity
- The successful candidate can be based out of either Toronto or Ottawa
- If the candidate is based in Ottawa, work location will be 365 March Rd, Kanata, ON.
- Open rate card position. Please submit candidates at appropriate market rate.
Position Title: Technical Release Manager - Senior
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
This individual will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the CCO team for multiple applications across various portfolios. Individuals who have proven to be self-starters and trail blazers will be successful in this position.
Defines standards and processes within the project lifecycle to ensure a stable implementation into production environments. Approves release implementation and changes to production environment. Drives process conformance and focuses on continuous process improvement, including metrics gathering and audit. Coordinates communications regarding implementation including downtime impacts to business. Responsible for assessing risk, interdependencies and impact for changes for new service solutions. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
• Responsible for understanding proposed project functionality to determine release schedule
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across portfolios
• Manages risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Oversees full release cycle through testing and transition to production
• Ensures project meets release criteria and provides a clear view of system performance in collaboration with environment management and operations teams
• Uses understanding of business strategy and IT priorities to recommend appropriate project release bundling and timing
• Proactively plans and manages disparate technology team releases; resolves release / environment conflicts through reprioritization
• Participates and/or leads in Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Reviews product to verify that quality assurance requirements have been met
• Produces Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Communicates release details to both the business and technical teams
• Analyzes environment requirements to ensure all required infrastructure can be made available within required timelines
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience (required)
Certifications : ITIL foundations (Asset)
MUST Have skills/ experiences:
• 5 years’ experience supporting automated builds and continuous integration – Tools like Teamcity, Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Confluence, Jira
• Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control
• Proven technical leadership and proven ability to mentor your peers
• Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches.
• Proven experience managing large-scale projects delivering cross-functional components from software to middleware and infrastructure
• Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services
• Understanding of Platform as a Service paradigms and hybrid deployment topology management
• Understanding of 12-Factor App methodology approaches.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies and tools in a DevOps model
• Understanding of Agile delivery principles
• Ability to integrate in cross-functional technologies into CI/CD pipelines
Apply by creating/using an account