Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Contract Duration : 6 months
Billable Hours : 7.5 hours per day
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY :
Working in the project team, the Performance Engineer will have a vital role in establishing and implementing Performance Test Frameworks, Standards, Reporting and Metrics for this key initiative for the organization.
This individual will help implement best-in-class performance test operations that will help establish the performance benchmarks, identify bottlenecks and measure improvements enabled by system changes applied by developers and architects.
He or she will manage and enhance the end to end performance test processes, and help drive continuous improvement of the performance test practices. This individual is a thought leader, has great communication skills and contributes to solve critical problems and develop innovative solutions
CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES CHARACTERISTICS:
Mandatory skills/ experiences:
• 5+ years' experience performance testing
• 1+ years hands-on experience in using telemetry tools
• 3+ years' experience in an Agile environment
• Up-to-date on current technologies including middleware, SAP, web and mobile development platforms, multiple database platforms, virtual and cloud platforms, automation tools, web services, DevOps and configuration management
• Experience with QA practices within different software development methodologies including but not limited to– test strategy and approach, test plans, test data planning, etc.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Loadrunner and JMeter
• Advanced understanding of unix based system (Linux, Solaris)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Own and manage end to end performance testing for this initiative.
• Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability
• Establish performance baseline, identify performance bottlenecks, measure performance improvements
• Write performance test script using Loadrunner and/or JMeter
• Analyse test performance results and coordinate with the development team for issue resolution
• Represent performance test team at design discussions and educate team members on performance test items
• Automate measurement of performance test using telemetry frameworks (Influxdb/Intrascope/grafana, etc.).
• Demonstrate technical leadership and act as a mentor for other test team members
Nice to have skills/ experiences :
• Experience with performance testing SAP Event Manager, Red Hat Fuse ESB
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Experience in TeamCity, Git, Eclipse, Maven, Jira
• Experience with Client Performance Center, ALM/QTP, Selenium, etc.
• Experience with continuous performance testing within CI/ CD construct
• SAP performance testing
• Experience with various tools like Jira, Zephyr, SonarQube, etc.
• Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience (required)
• Certifications : ITIL foundations (Asset), Agile or equivalent experience (Required)
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations
• Ability to promote & drive change
• Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise
• Technical leadership and people management experience
Apply by creating/using an account