Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Chief Estimator- Civil
Our Client is one of the oldest Civil Utilities companies on the east coast. The Chief Estimator is responsible for overseeing the preparations and vetting of cost estimates for potential public and private construction projects.
· Review proposal specifications, drawings, soils reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
· Attend pre-bid meetings.
· Coordinate bid preparation requirements with Contract Administrator.
· Track work history and review schedules of projects being estimated.
· Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to bid.· Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to Division Manager.
· Monitor owner changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period.
· Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
· Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors, if necessary.
· Monitor post bid submission dates towards contract procurement.
· Ensure proper project handoff if project is taken over by another PM/Team.
· Monitor actual cost to estimated cost.
· Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimating figures.
· Interface with Owner and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
· Oversee and approve the drafting of subcontract agreements and coordinate subcontract and purchase order administration.
· Prepare budgets, subcontracts, purchase orders and assist in preliminary project schedules.
· Identify and monitor upcoming, target projects.
· Mentor and manage Estimators, Junior Estimators and Interns as assigned.
· Take an active role in managing owner relationships and business development.
· Drives revenue goals and departmental KPI's while setting and achieving backlog targets.
BS in Engineering or Construction Sciences or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience. Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft products (Excel, Word Project, etc.) Viewpoint and HCSS.
5-7 years of estimating experience in the excavation/utility/site development fields.
Proficient in HeavyBid/MS Projects/Viewpoint/Bluebeam preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
· Dry utilities; potable water, sanitary sewer, storm drain and site development construction techniques and practices.
· Knowledge of contract law and possess the ability to review and amend potential candidates.
· Must have high attention to detail.
· Must have the ability to multi-task and manage a team.
· Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
· Develop a thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required.
· Must master reading plans and specifications
· Must master the process of doing take-offs.
· Must have a thorough understanding of time impact analysis and time related overhead
· Must be familiar with Contract Accounting
· Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
· Must have a valid driver's license
Apply today for immediate consideration by emailing your resume to Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Earl at 443-567-2227 if you have any questions.
Cornerstone Recruiting is a Specialty Construction and Skilled Trades recruiting firm that excels at finding the top talent in the industry for long term career opportunities with our clients. For more information about Cornerstone please visit www.csrecruiting.com
Apply by creating/using account