Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position Title: Data Modeling lead
Reports To: Director, MDM Development
This position is responsible for managing data models currently implemented within MDM system and ensure delivery of MDM capabilities thru an efficient and scalable data model. He /She would be responsible of ensuring that high level of database design is reached and maintained. He / She would work with Source system owners, MDM Leads, Enterprise Architecture team, Data Governance team and Application teams to drive data design within the MDM systems in support of clients Enterprise Systems. The successful candidate will be assigned to one or more projects, with responsibility of database design. While providing the database expertise needed for the success of the assigned projects this individual will also be required to follow established database modeling policies and standards. This position will require an individual who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, management and business community while constantly ensuring that their work is aligned with the MDM Development and Enterprise Architecture Team's strategic direction. The successful candidate will be expected to stay current on database technology while also continuing to grow their knowledge of the client's business.
The candidate will join the Master Data Management (MDM) Development Team (part of client Global Technology) and report to the Director of MDM Development, who is responsible for overall delivery and implementation of Enterprise Master Data Management Solutions at client, which include Customer Master, Product Master, Supplier Master and others. While meeting the Master Data needs of current projects, this team is also responsible for supporting the development and execution of Enterprise Architecture team's long term Data strategy.
A senior position responsible for managing professionals and supervisors. Controls the work within a major department or a specialized function, and is accountable for the performance and results of the team. Operates within established policies and procedures, but adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Receives guidance from senior manager or director.
1. Participate in requirements definition, analysis and the design of database solutions. Map business requirements to logical and physical data models. Map source system data structures to Canonical Data models
2 Collaborate with Data Governance team and architects for data model management and version control. Collaborate with ETL teams to create data landing and staging structures databases which fully meet business and technical requirements Collaborate with application and services teams to design
3. Capture technical metadata through data modeling tools
4. Manage the maintenance of an Enterprise Data Model. Conduct frequent data model reviews with MDM team members and Enterprise Architecture team. Enforce standards and best practices around data modeling efforts and Ensure database designs efficiently support end user requirements
5. Maintain expertise and proficiency in the various application areas
6. Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cross system interactions and relationships in order to develop an enterprise view of client Master data needs
7. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and standards in Data modeling.
8. Work with data governance team to ensure consistency in data usage across systems and tools.
9. Performing data analytics and profiling
10. Create data objects (DDL)
11. Optimizing query performance
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics
Apply by creating/using account
Copyright © 2013 KDS Staffing, Inc.. All Rights Reserved