Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
KDS Staffing; an IT Executive Search Firm is working closely with our client's management team to identify a strong technologist for the position below.
We work direct with decisions makers to ensure a smooth interview-to-hire process.
Our client is a highly sought after Professional Services Company whose intent on hiring cutting edge technologists.
Please review the requirement below; a member of our staff will contact you to discuss the specific details of the position.
Job Title: Network Deployment Engineer CCNP, CCIE
Long term Constant
Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Possesses broad knowledge in architecting and implementing complex telecommunications or data system integration solutions.
- Displays high-level abilities in one or more technical disciplines within the telecommunications or data network arenas including, but not limited to routing/switching infrastructures, transport technology, or network protocols.
- Deploys architected enterprise network infrastructure solutions, either working alone on specific tasks or as part of a deployment team.???
- Possesses understanding of information technology (IT) infrastructure operations
- Possesses advanced knowledge to install, configure and troubleshoot multiple types of networking hardware, including the Cisco 6500, 4500, 4000, and 3550 Series Switches, and the Cisco 7200, 3600, and 2600 Series Routers, Juniper M and T series
- Proficient in JUNOS operating system
- Implements and tests solutions based on project scope and design/engineering specifications
- Resolves issues proactively that arise during project implementations or during operational assignments
- Provides additional operational support as required
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of networking, protocols such as TCP/IP, its structure, and operation with a network infrastructure (e.g., can configure IP on multiple LAN components including routers, switches, and servers).
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of IP routing protocols, specifically OSPF and RIP
- Extensive knowledge of both the Cisco Native and Hybrid OS versions
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of LAN and WAN hardware and related software/protocols (e.g., Ethernet, Frame Relay, DWDM, etc.)
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of a large-scale financial services network infrastructure, including LAN/MAN, Market Data, and WAN technologies.
- Acts in a senior technical and consultative capacity in project delivery; works as part of integrated team to resolve complex problems/issues that arise during design and implementation phases.
- Possesses a broad level of technical knowledge and business acumen across in IT enterprise infrastructure technologies.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of current telecommunications technology and industry practices, and has the ability to identify potential network remediation to the client
- Provides additional team leadership and/or assists in configuration management tasks at the client
- Actively engages fellow team members to promote a collegial, team-oriented work environment while participating in projects
- Available to work off-hours and weekends as required by the Turnover support model
- Assists in the allocation of resources for project deliverables at the client, to provide efficient usage of the team
- Proactively pursues continuing personal development in areas involving both consultative and technical skills utilizing ThruPoint internal resources and self-study
- Participates in the Change Management Process, Design Reviews, and other client interactions to ensure a high-degree of client satisfaction
- Coordinates and implements multiple project-based turnovers on a weekly basis
- Produces device configurations from detailed design documents as per the clients standards
- Ensures project deliverables match client expectations by proactively informing manager of progress/obstacles
- B.S./B.A. degree in technical, engineering or business/management discipline.?
- Successful candidates for this position have successfully built trusted advisor status with the client
- Understands and performs at the implementation level in practice area of specialization, i.e., able to implement and engineer a solution based upon a detailed project design/architecture
- 6 8 years overall professional experience in a corporate IT infrastructure, professional services, or consulting organization
- Experience within the Financial Services industry
- CCNP, CCIE or equivalent industry experience
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates solid oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong project management and organizational skills
Apply by creating/using account
Copyright © 2013 KDS Staffing, Inc.. All Rights Reserved