Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Temp to Perm Options
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The position is responsible for evaluating, architecting, and implementing complex network systems and technical solutions utilizing latest technologies in Networking and security. The group is also responsible for developing, planning, and implementing security solutions based on relevant industry standards.
The position is based at the Company Corporate office location.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop scalable network designs as required for remote field, campus, and 3rd party connected site locations
- Identify, research, and evaluate emerging network technologies
- Develop and implement network management and related tools
- Act as Team lead for the administration and maintenance of Company Infrastructure as directed by the Network Manager.
- Design, implement, and manage network security systems in support of SOX guidelines and accountability
- Provide direction for various network projects, recommend solutions to network problems and provide voice and data network design options in a multi-platform/multi-protocol environment including IP telephony.
Installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and tuning of enterprise data networking equipment, Voice systems, and security appliances.
Experience and advanced knowledge of 802.11 Wi-Fi, VoIP, QoS, and other converged network technologies and implementation, specifically around Cisco Call Manager, CUCM, Unity, and Cisco wireless systems
Develop detailed network specifications based upon client requirements and adherence to standards.
Develop detailed network diagrams as part of proposed designs or as part of post implementation documentation packages
Knowledge of network management software products, TACACS protocol & IT security best practices.
Perform critical evaluations of client networks and develop recommendations for improvement.
Perform product analysis and cost justification for improvements
Investigate and present opportunities to streamline or reduce TCO model for supported networks
Develop cost models / estimates for network hardware/software configurations and environments.
Prepare and deliver technical presentations as needed utilizing standard tools (e.g. Visio, Project, PowerPoint)
Perform problem determination, resolution, and testing of LAN/WAN and Voice environments.
Perform network analysis and capacity planning.
Interface with local and national carrier services in regards to bandwidth specification, provisioning, and problem analysis of voice and data telecommunications services.
Provide third level support to the NOC and other STS disciplines to assist with resolving complex technical problems
Participate with other individuals and/or groups in a team format to evaluate and implement new solutions as necessary
Mentor junior or less experienced team members to further develop technical expertise
Provide project status updates to management as required
Provide highest level of expertise in network problem identification and resolution.
Associated responsibilities may change in keeping with business needs, other duties as assigned may be required.
- 10 Years of technical experience in networking and strong background with all major network protocols
- 5-8 years experience designing TCP/IP networking infrastructure
- Advanced level Cisco technical certification required.
- Proven experience in implementation and support of IP Telephony systems and platforms
- Expert in routing, switching, VLANs, firewalls, Cisco hardware, Cisco VoIP (Call Manager and CUCM/Unity, and 802.11x wireless infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with Cisco LAN and WAN management tools
- Hands-on experience with defining HW specifications, installation, configurations and upgrades of LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of Windows network operating systems a must
- 5 years experience with Internet security concepts, design and implementation
- Strong experience with router-to-router, meshed, and end-user VPNs
- Hands-on experience with developing and implementing infrastructure for security, LAN and WAN and WLAN
- Hands-on experience guiding multiple projects across multiple locations simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills required
- Proven written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong technical documentation skills a must
Apply by creating/using account
Copyright © 2013 KDS Staffing, Inc.. All Rights Reserved