Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Business Analyst - Client & Corporate Systems
Location: Boston MA
Comp: Commensurate with experience
Client: Top Asset Management Firm
The IT Client & Corporate Systems Team is responsible for the development and support of Corporate Business applications. This team consists of approximately 35 technology professionals whose key functions include application development, system integration, application support, and production support. The supported business areas are Client Services, Performance Analytics, Business Development, Renewable Resources, Finance, and Human Resources.
The Business Analyst will work within our Client & Corporate Systems Development Group on a variety of projects. This person will collaborate with the business community to create business requirements documents, and also with the software development group to convey, clarify, and/or improve the stated requirements and solutions. Analysis will comprise enhancements to existing system. This individual will translate business needs into functional specifications to ensure that the business partners functional requirements are fulfilled and that all systems conform to the specifications. In addition, the Business Analyst will work with business users and/or Quality Assurance to ensure that test plans for each of the enhancements are executed and that the final deliverables are accepted in a timely fashion. This individual will also keep the project managers apprised of the status of assigned tasks. In this role, the Business Analyst will interact with many areas of the organization, and will be required to work closely with all members of the project team.
- Work with business users to develop and document business rules and requirements an internal cash flow management application
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Utilize methodologies to analyze information needs, business objectives, and requirements to document all project artifacts (such as Functional requirements, Business Rules, Use Cases, and Interface designs)
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs that may be required to meet business needs for a segment of project requirements
- Identify and propose solutions to enhance workflows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact professionally with a diverse group consisting of executives, managers, developers, and subject matter experts.
- Solid understanding of Agile and test-driven software development methodologies
- Strong command of MS Excel and SQL querying
- Experience in writing test cases and conducting system-wide user tests
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts and to complete project tasks under direction of project managers
- Minimum 6 years of experience within the investment industry
- Minimum 4 years of business analysis experience writing system/business process documents and test cases
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, interviewing, and listening skills
- Proven ability to work directly with the business community, handle demanding user groups, and communicate with internal clients at all enterprise levels
- Writing skills, capability to communicate information effectively and provide quality documentation of processes
- Organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, handle diverse situations, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Motivation to work efficiently with minimal supervision, willingness to take initiative and employ good follow-through skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Familiarity with TFS 2012 and SpecFlow testing utility
- Attention to process and procedures to comply with internal/external audits
- Integrity, flexibility, strong work ethic, reliability
- Enthusiasm, motivation, professionalism, maturity
Apply by creating/using account
Copyright © 2013 KDS Staffing, Inc.. All Rights Reserved