Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
ODOT is looking for a Voice Data Engineer (VDE2) for an assignment through all of FY18. This position is a re-post of posting 47239 Please do not submit candidates that were previously submitted. Please see attached job description.
The team is looking for a candidate with hands-on Network configuration, VOIP, and Telecomm experience or ability. Candidates that have primarily worked in a support role previously will not be a good fit for this role.
This posting will close to submissions on: Wednesday 8/9 @ 2PM
Local candidates only and onsite interviews are REQUIRED. Do not submit candidates unavailable to interview onsite.
Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal (phone email)and vendor information.
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Contact information can be found below. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
This position will function as a highly skilled Voice Data Engineer with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Monitor & troubleshoot ODOT voice & data telecommunications network.
2. Plan & coordinate voice & data project requirements for telecommunications equipment installations/moves.
3. Troubleshoot & coordinate faxes, modems, hubs, routers, switches, controllers & associated cabling for LANs/Wan and communication equipment in ODOT facilities.
4. Supervise and monitor hardware installation & repair in ODOT counties/outposts & right a ways.
5. Inventory & salvage telecommunications & network equipment.
6. Submit incidents with local service providers such as local Teleco/internet providers/State of Ohio One network/State of Ohio CSC.
7. Analyze data on ISP/circuit, usages & outages.
8. Coordinate & track vendor response time & incident reports in order to facilitate more efficient resolution of ISP/circuit outages in telecommunications network system.
9. Add, Modify and setup IP Phones, Voice Gateways, Cisco Agents with 3rd party supported Cisco Call Manager
10. Evaluate project needs and procure resources to complete projects.
11. Participate in development, implementation & administration of telecommunications systems.
12. Develop & implement procedures and policies pertaining to use of network.
13. Act as the escalation point for high priority issues.
• Working knowledge of voice and data services and technologies.
• Working knowledge of network applications, switches and servers.
• Strong communication/leadership skills.
• Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Mandatory Requirements/Time 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study.
4 years' of relevant experience.
Hands-on VoIP and Telecomm experience.
Desired Skills/Time Configuring/troubleshooting experience in Cisco networking environment.
Apply by creating/using account