Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Health & Environmental Control Department
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months
Comments: referencing shopping cart #2001368556
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision, the Business Analyst will work with the e-Permitting Governance Council, the various Health Regulations Bureaus, the Project Management Office, IT personnel, and vendor to coordinate and oversee all project management activities related to the implementation of e-Permitting software system.
1. Responsible for coordinating w/ the e-Permitting Governance Council and the vendor in the assessment and development of business requirements/functional specifications for Health Regulation information systems.
2. Creates and executes procedures that ensure that all systems, products, and services meet agency standards and end-user requirements.
3. Recommends development tools/solutions to develop/enhance systems and applications.
4. Analyzes current processes and procedures to create future configurations which lead to gains in efficiency and cost savings.
5. Serves as a subject matter expert associated with highly technical content, processes, and procedures.
6. Develops and monitors test and validation plans
7. Communicates test results and other pertinent changes to project participants as appropriate
8. Assists with the design and development of transition requirements, technical documents, user manuals, and training for Health Regulation technologies.
9. Ensure that all project documentation is updated based on any changes made.
10. Utilize processes, templates, etc. approved by the project management office.
11. Other general project management duties as assigned.
12. The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
13. The candidate will work closely with the e-Permitting Governance Council, the various Health Regulation Bureaus, the Project Management Office, and the Bureau of Information Technology to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation. The position will work with the e-Permitting Governance Council and program area team members to ensure that all business and contractual requirements are met to support the e-Permitting project.
14. Candidates must be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
DHEC will provide:
1. Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
2. Workstation and required software.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. BUSINESS ANALYSIS EXPERIENCE- 2-4 YEARS
2. CBAP CERTIFICATION.
3. BACHELOR'S DEGREE
4. ABILITY TO DEVELOP, COMMUNICATE, AND PRESENT PROJECT DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS.
5. REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
6. EXPERIENCE IN AGILE/SCRUM.
7. KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION, AND OPERATIONS
8. SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE (SDLC) METHODOLOGIES.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. EXPERIENCE PERFORMING BUSINESS ANALYSES FOR LARGE-SCALE IT PROJECTS INVOLVING A COMPLEX STATE GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION.
2. EXPERIENCE WITH STATE GOVERNMENT PROJECTS, PARTICULARLY INVOLVING PERMITTING, REGULATIONS, ETC.
3. ABILITY TO ESTABLISH POSITIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH TECHNICAL STAFF, CUSTOMERS AND OTHERS INVOLVED IN DATA-CENTRIC MANAGEMENT.
4. ABILITY TO INTEGRATE TECHNICAL SYSTEMS WITH AGENCY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES.
BACHELOR'S IN A RELEVANT FIELD OF WORK OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE.
Apply by creating/using account