Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Department of Health and Human Services
Duration: 12 Months
Remote Work Availability:25%
Comments: This request is posted for unfilled second opening from request 7406. Please do not submit candidates that were submitted for initial req 7406 and rejected by the manager.
General: Analyze and test software to ensure that products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. Participate actively in the entire software development life cycle. Develop quality standards through participation in initial software development stages. Test software in later stages of development for reliability and accuracy. Document processes and test outcomes. Communicate with product developers and technical support specialists on software issues. May develop customized test procedures for the organization's products. Career-Level position within field. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex work important to the organization. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
South Carolina seeks experts in Quality Assurance Tester - Advanced Testing of small to large projects for SCDHHS.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
• Develop test plans, QA and/or User Acceptance Testing processes and test cases for product management and software development teams.
• Design and support user interface testing application and regression testing software.
• Test software applications for reliability and stability.
• Implement testing programs to perform quality assurance on technical applications including negative testing and usability.
• Lead projects to perform quality assessments that expose security flaws, reveal defects and identify areas of optimization.
• Design and/or run automated testing scripts with oversight for deployment of tests
• Create quality assurance documentation and reports as required
• Adhere to established software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and recommend improvements
• Maintain database with product defects, user reviews, survey information and functional improvements.
• Coordinate with product development teams and software engineers to recommend solutions to maximize performance and efficiency
• Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections and adhere to established governance standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
THE ABILITY TO:
• 5 years translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios
• 5 years building test cases and scenarios into test systems
• Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities
• Should be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the Development teams
• Direct hands on experience with formal test design techniques like Equivalence Class Partitioning and Pairwise Analysis
• Experience with test design tools like PICT or equivalent orthogonal based tools
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
• Deep knowledge of healthcare operations (preferably Medicaid), business processes
• Proficient in Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and Confluence
• Prior experience working in a standard SDLC (waterfall methodology) & in an AGILE delivery.
Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or related field. Years of experience can substitute for formal education.
None required. Technical and/or Project Management certifications from recognized sources are desirable.
Apply by creating/using account