Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Client: Department of Health and Human Services
Duration: 12+ Months
The Senior Java Developer professional will be responsible for changes, enhancements, and development support for SCDHHS provider enrollment systems. Additionally, this professional will be responsible for the development of transformation projects in order to replace manual workflow and data interface processes with integrated, automated solutions. The existing provider enrollment systems are built using Java, Hibernate, Struts frameworks with a MySQL data store.
This position requires knowledge and experience with these environments as well as experience in detailed requirements analysis, software design and development, testing, and deployment. Creation of the associated artifacts and the communication skills to clearly articulate the goal of the development and the tradeoffs for solution selection are critically important. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust solutions on a pioneering Medicaid engagement which includes scaling component solutions and operational data stores.
In this role, you will support the Enterprise Development Operations division for provider and reference application design and development which will include requirements for screening and validation for provider applications. Implementation of business rules guiding the provider interactions with agency policies (such as periodic revalidation of provider credentials) and responses to queries for any data regarding the provider actions form a limited number of sources. Implementation of security layers for protection of the provider and member PHI is also a feature that must be defined and implemented as a part of this back-end processing.
• Support Enterprise Development Operations division development, implementation and integration of a robust Provider management system.
• Ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the Enterprise Architecture standards.
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts on the provider and integration component requirements of project initiatives.
• Collaborate with SCDHHS agency staff and vendors on the implementation requirements of the provider management process integration for the Replacement MMIS.
• Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
• Use Java programming language and related software development technologies such as Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE), JavaServer Pages (JSP)/Servlets, or JavaServer Faces (JSF).
• Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
• Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
• Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Consult with end-users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
• May assist less experienced peers.
Experience in one or more of the following -
• Design and develops SOA composites
• Demonstrable experience with JMS Publish/Subscribe model
• Develops web services using SOA Suite JCA Adapters, XML (XSLT, XPath, XQuery etc.) and JAVA/JAVA Script, CSS3; HTML5
• Develops unit and integration test scripts (using tools such as SOAP-UI Test Suite, ANT and JUnit) and provide support during user acceptance testing
• Experience in Web Services technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST)
• Experience with SOA/Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy)
• Experience with Java Frameworks such as Apache, Spring, Hibernate, and Struts
• Understanding of UNIX and Windows OS scripting environments
• Knowledge of cloud platforms and environments
• Exposure to Agile Methodologies, SCRUM preferred
• Demonstrable competence in programming and shell scripting.
• Heavy experience in integration of Java components into large scale distributed applications – including control and management of changes.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge / Skills:
• Experience with high-performance, open source web technologies
• Experience in developing web application for heavy volume sites
• Experience with Oracle SQL and MySQL
• Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM
• Release management experience
• Experience with multi-business unit integrations
• Experience with workflow management systems
Nice to have - but not required
• Knowledge of the HIPAA X12 transactions
• Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view and capabilities.
• Experience with defining and creating highly functional design and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment.
• Experience in robust development ensuring low defect products and the ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is clearly understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels.
• Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data
• Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation
• Experience delivering end-to-end solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science
• Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
• Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
• Recognized as advanced individual contributor.
• Considered subject matter expert within discipline.
• Conducts highly complex work critical to the organization.
• Works without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
• Typically requires 5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
Apply by creating/using an account