Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Department of Social Services
Duration: 12 Montths
General: Systems Analyst (not authorized for application development). May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT: THE CFS PROJECT TEAM S RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING, IMPLEMENTING, MAINTAINING, AND OBTAINING FEDERAL CERTIFICATION OF A FEDERALLY-MANDATED CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM (CSES) THAT WILL PROVIDE COMPREHENSIVE SUPPORT TO THE OPERATION OF SOUTH CAROLINA'S CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT (CSE) PROGRAM AS WELL AS FOR COMPLETING THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FAMILY COURT CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (FCCMS) FOR THE 46 CLERKS OF COURT.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a reposting of an existing position to perform in the role of Lead Business Analyst who will develop a thorough knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement System's functional requirements and of functional architecture of the Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) (e. g. Case initiation, Case Management, Financial) and how those functional areas integrate. The Lead Business Analyst will lead a team of business analysts and subject matter experts.
As Lead Business Analyst, this individual will:
• Report to the Department's CFS Project Manager and will provide periodic and as-needed written and verbal updates to the Project Manager regarding the Lead Business Analyst's area of responsibility.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the technical requirements of CSES in order to understand how these requirements could affect the functional design of CSES.
• In collaboration with the System Development Contractor, plan and resource the tasks in the project schedule related to State project team responsibilities for requirements validation, general and detailed design and system testing.
• Oversee the work performed by the SDC during the requirements validation, development, design and system testing phases of the system development life cycle (SDLC) including establishing a positive day-to-day interaction with the appropriate members of the SDC staff to address concerns identified during this oversight.
• Review SDC deliverables applicable to the areas of responsibilities in accordance with project plans and processes and in accordance with the contract between the Department of Social Services and the SDC.
• Oversee the Requirement Management Process in collaboration with the SDC to ensure changes to system requirements are controlled and to ensure system requirements are traced through a Requirements Traceability Matrix throughout the SDLC.
Leads team effort to supply new user stories or use cases by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications;
Preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
Assist in the design or review of test cases, process change requests and manage project scope thru requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
(SEE SKILLS MATRIX BELOW)
• LEADERSHIP ABILITY
• UNDERSTANDING OF SYSTEM ENGINEERING CONCEPTS; MODELING TECHNIQUES AND METHODS
• DEMONSTRATE STRONG ABILITY TO TAKE INITIATIVE AND THE ABILITY TO WORK WITH MINIMAL GUIDANCE.
• WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION, INCLUDING TECHNICAL WRITING SKILLS, TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-TECHNICAL STAFF, AND CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS AS NEEDED OR DIRECTED.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH SCDSS AND OTHER STATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STAFF.
• BS DEGREE IN RELATED FIELD
Apply by creating/using an account