Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Duration: 12 Months
Submission Deadline: 02/17/2017
The PeopleSoft Security Specialist is responsible for the analysis and maintenance of functional security objects and role definitions as relates to the PeopleSoft Financials and HCM Applications. This role works with business units, development, project and application support teams to define and implement functional security access requirements and determine appropriate security restrictions in the systems to meet those requirements. This role leads and owns the analysis, design, and documentation of all functional security access analyzing security change requests and changes introduced as a result of the development of new or modified user functions and assisting in the resolution of functional access security related production issues. This position is part of the PeopleSoft Security Team and supports the State Auditors with the ongoing development of processes and procedures to strengthen the state's security environment and internal controls. Experience with PeopleSoft Application security set up is a must.
1. Serve as the mid-level security administrator for enterprise-wide PeopleSoft HCM and Financials applications
2. Design, develop, integrate, test, implement, and maintain PeopleSoft security structure
3. Assesses all system changes for functional security impact. Supports unit and integration testing of new roles and impact on roles as a result of changing functions
4. Oversees and maintains the master definition of all functional security roles and permissions across key applications (PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Concur, and others as added by the agency)
5. Works with business units, development, project, and application support teams to define and implement functional security access requirements and determine appropriate security restrictions in the systems to meet those requirements.
6. Assess current Security configuration and recommend process improvements to role and row-level security
7. Provide guidance and training on PeopleSoft security to end-users
8. Work with auditors to ensure PeopleSoft Security Architecture is compliant with all policies and regulatory standards and requirements
9. Ability to make recommendations to improve, streamline and automate PeopleSoft security
10. Provides troubleshooting and problem resolution for functional security and resolve security issues, exceptions and escalations when identified
11. Conducts risk management analysis to identify areas of risk and to develop security measures to prevent losses.
12. May create reports on status of agency information security programs and projects.
13. May be required to communicate to senior executives through oral and written reports and presentations.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, information assurance or a related field or TWO years of information technology experience, one of which was in information security or information assurance. A minimum of 3 years of experience working with PeopleSoft Security in both Financials and HCM applications.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in an Application or Security Administrator role in the information technology field or equivalent experience
• Experience configuring/developing security objects that adhere to Oracle/PeopleSoft development, standards and best practices, and ability to document the security changes so that it may be interpreted, maintained and enhanced.
• Able to do basic data analysis by writing basic queries in query tools such as PS Query Manager, SQL/SQL*Plus, Golden, etc.
• Practical knowledge of People Tools
• PeopleSoft upgrade experience is a plus
• Understands the risks and compliance issues facing PeopleSoft or other ERP implementations
• Well versed in segregation of duties and internal control principles
• Understands principles of software development life cycle
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Background Verification (Suppliers shall use Info Cubic (IC) for background verifications.)¿
Apply by creating/using account