Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: SCIF (State Compensation Insurance Fund)
Location: San Francisco or Pleasanton, CA
Duration: 6+ months
NOTE: Local candidates only. Face to face interview required.
The Oracle Senior PL/SQL developer will work in the Oracle Financials/HR Technical Unit in the Information Technology Dept..
This Unit is responsible for the support, maintenance, and enhancement of the Banking Application.
The current environment is in-house built Banking application interface with the various source system.
At their discretion, can utilize Consultant resources in any capacity to meet the needs of the company.
Consultant resources may be assigned lead teams, work independently, and work in teams lead by the company, Consultant resources, or teams lead by other consulting firms.
The Oracle Senior PL/SQL Developer will perform functional, technical and maintenance functions to include, but not be limited to the following:
• Extensive hands-on experience in building ETL interfaces using Datastage 9.1 and higher to aggregate, cleanse and migrate data across enterprise-wide MDM, ODS and Data Warehousing systems using staged data processing techniques, patterns and best practices.
• Strong experience in full lifecycle management of capturing, versioning and migrating various Datastage ETL metadata including data mapping and other data integration artifacts (such as schedulers, scripts, etc.) across environments using vendor platforms such as Data Stage, or other equivalent tools (including open source) by establishing standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Combined experience of advanced SQL and stored procedures (in DB2, SQL Server, and/or Oracle Database Platforms) with hands-on experience of designing solutions for optimal performance and handling other non-functional aspects of availability, reliability and security of DATASTAGE ETL Platform.
• Experience with both normalized and dimensional data models, hands-on knowledge of other data integration techniques such as database replication, change data capture (CDC) etc. and familiarity of SOA and ESB technologies and patterns.
• Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and query tools (e.g. SQLPlus, Toad, RapidSql etc.).
• Strong knowledge of database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
• Experience in RDMBS including Oracle 11x-12x and should have strong working knowledge in PL/SQL, SQL.
• Extensively used UNIX scripts for scheduling the jobs.
• Assists developers with difficult Oracle PL/SQL code needed for queries, triggers, and stored procedures
• Design, develop, implement and maintain custom oracle applications written in PL/SQL.
The Oracle Senior PL/SQL Developer shall possess most of the following technical skills and experience:
• Current knowledge of trends in IT and experience in the development of new technologies
• Experience with change management Procedures is a must.
• Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader.
• Experience with SOX compliance environments with segregation of duties is desired.
• Good understanding of RDBMS Concepts
• Hands-on experience with Oracle PL/SQL
• Hands-on experience with IBM DataStage
• Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix scripting and scheduling
• In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning
• Familiarity with Oracle specific tools and utilities such as Quest TOAD, SQL Developer
• Oracle database administration experience.
• Previous experience with technical documentation (eg. Technical design documents, release documentation etc.)
• Oracle Replication experience.
• Experience with software configuration management tools such as Clear Case
• Experience with organizational data requirements and complex business rules, translating them into detailed program specifications.
• Experience with application systems development life cycle methodology.
• Experience providing assistance, advice, and guidance to project team members on relational database design concepts, application development, efficient production job design, testing concepts, and other specialties.
• Extensive knowledge of data access methods.
• Knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented and/or relational data base concepts and principles.
• Experience with testing concepts and techniques promoting applications to production
• Experience in the Worker's Compensation, Insurance, Financial Services industry a plus.
Apply by creating/using account