Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Duration: 14 Months
TERM OF SERVICE
Services expect to start as soon as possible and are expected to be completed by August 31, 2017. Total estimated Worker hours shall not exceed 344 hours for FY16 and 2008 hours for FY17. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Database Administrator 3, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of a Database Administrator 3 Category, Core Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire” and are the property of the DSHS. DSHS may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. DSHS will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
This position works on the Clinical Management for Behavioral Health Services (CMBHS) system to develop, design, test, implement and maintain a statewide electronic behavioral health record and data system. The Database Administrator will work closely with analysts, systems designers, developers, quality engineering and other cross functional groups across the organization. This position will coordinate database change management for development, monitoring, configuration, database refreshes, windows scripting, programming and resource management. In addition, the database administrator will ensure that user interfaces for database administration and inputting, viewing, outputting data (via reports) are compliant with accessibility standards. The contractor will be funded from the Improve Client CARE Systems — Enterprise (MH Integration) baseline capital project. It is anticipated that the contractor will be needed throughout the life of the MH Integration initiative.
The Database Administrator shall perform activities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Oracle RDBMS database change management for development, monitoring, configuration, database refreshes, windows scripting, programming and resource management.
Establishes physical database parameters. Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions. Calculates optimum values for database parameters, such as amount of computer memory to be used by database, following manuals and using calculator. Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data. Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user. Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
Enters codes to create production data base. Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory. Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system. Reviews and corrects programs. Answers user questions. Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base. Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning. Provides assistance in the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems, and ensuring that the conceptual and design phases of new applications are consistent with the structural parameters within the database environment.
Evaluates users' requests for new data elements and systems, incorporates them into the existing shared data environment, and provides technical assistance. Coordinates the use of data to ensure data integrity and control redundancy, loads databases, and reorganizes as needed. Performs data modeling and prototyping. Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models, and creates physical data models from logical data models. Determines and implements database search strategies and storage requirements. Maintains data dictionary ensuring uniformity of definitions and sets standards for use of data dictionary. Monitors database performance and recommends efficiency improvements. Creates test database environment for applications section, including the creation of necessary libraries and procedures.
Experience in computer systems analysis or computer programming work.
Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and systems design; of computer operations, systems, and procedures; of project control and cost estimating techniques; of computer programming languages; of data processing flowcharting techniques; of database structures and theories; and of current database technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate area.
• Experience in computer systems analysis, database programming, or computer programming work.
• Experience in database administration.
• Experience writing stored procedures, triggers, functions to support development and maintain database referential integrity.
• Experience with database maintenance, database backup and maintaining database referential integrity.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• Must be familiar with collation, SQL assemblies, distributed databases, data migration and database security.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Self-motivated and detail oriented individual with strong analytical approach to solving problems.
• Capable of working independently and collaboratively in a cross functional team.
• Flexible and adaptable to new tools, technologies, environment and learning.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and independently performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Other reasonable services as necessary to ensure that the tasks listed above can be successfully performed.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Report activity status to the Project Manager and/or Technical Manager.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Oracle Administrator certification.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
• Experience in database management tools, windows scripting and SQL performance tuning.
• Working knowledge of source code control using Team Foundation Server (TFS) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of EIR Accessibility standards and assistive technologies. Ensures that user interfaces for database administration and inputting, viewing, outputting data (via reports) are compliant with accessibility standards.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, or management information systems. Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems and of the techniques used in the design of non-automated systems, of information technology equipment, of applicable programming languages, of computer hardware and software, of computer operating systems, of writing program code, and of automated mapping. Ability to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures, to communicate effectively, and to train others. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Apply by creating/using account