Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: DTMB- ORS
Duration: 12+ Months
Agency Interview Type: In Person Only
Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
Years of Experience:
7+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
•Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial or human resource management systems, clinical research trial results, statistical study of traffic patterns, or analyzing and developing specifications for bridge design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
•Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
•Captures requirements using industry standard development frameworks and tools. Designs reports, forms and letters along with computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request. Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users. Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
•Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems. Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors. May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development. May train users to use program. May oversee installation of hardware and software. May provide technical assistance to program users. May install and test program at user site. May monitor performance of program after implementation. May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
• 7+ years experience analyzing business requirements, generating project specifications and converting them into code, and applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
• 7+ years experience developing technical designs in consultation with other technical experts.
• 7+ years experience in the following development and design tools:
Perforce, CVS or SVN
• 7+ years development experience in the following languages:
J2EE, Java 5, EJB
JSP and Servlets
• 7+ years experience with IBM WebSphere and/or BEA Weblogic web application servers
• 7+ years experience in RDBMS developing Data model Database triggers, procedures, packages and functions in a modern RDBMS
• 7+ years experience developing and following unit test plans, test data, and scripts for application validation and verification.
• 7+ years experience developing solutions, following design documents and use cases
• 7+ years conducting unit test
• 7+ years experience working with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
• 7+ years experience in verbal and written communication with clients in English
• Experience working with mature CMM or CMMI project methodologies
• Experience working in a team environment
• Experience in trouble shooting, problem solving and debugging
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadline
Apply by creating/using account