Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: North Carolina Department of Transportation
Duration: 6+ Months
Agency Interview Type: Both Phone and In Person
The Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) contractor position to work mostly in agile software development environment.
The Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) contractor position to work mostly in agile software development environment. The selected candidate will work as a member of the ITS SQA Testing Services team in OITS and will assist in providing SQA Testing Services for current & upcoming projects.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Participate as needed in all aspects of the day-to-day operations and support of the SQA Testing Services.
2. Develop detailed Test plans, Test cases, Test execution scenarios, automated scripts using/developing a framework based model, and status reports for tactical work activities as needed or requested by management.
3. Schedule and perform testing services for SQA clients as needed including but not limited to test script development, functional testing services, and results reporting.
4. Provide as needed SME based consulting services and support to clients for SQA best practices, methods, test plan development/execution, and SQA tools usage.
5. Work within the Agile software lifecycle model from concepts to design and delivering through to formal release and maintenance
6. Manage all activities in the test plan to ensure test objectives are met
7. Communicate defects to developers and other stakeholders.
8. Assist in troubleshooting issues/defects and retest.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in application development with a demonstrated concentration of experience in software quality assurance (SQA) methods, techniques, and tools. Minimum of one to two years of experience collaborating and testing in agile based test environment is preferred.
Other relevant experience requirements would include:
• Hands-on experience with the Client portfolio of SQA tools including ALM Quality Center and Quick Test Pro/Unified Functional Test.
• Ability to develop and enhance QTP/UFT scripts; Coding experience in VBsript.
• Logical and systematic approaches to test plan development and execution for functional testing needs for IT business applications.
• Functional testing experience for a wide range of technical platforms and applications.
• Experiences in Quality Management Processes, SDLC and exposure to agile scrum process
• Customer focused with excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to adjust to change, strong team and customer oriented interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to function as a consultant to customers on SQA matters.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute work tasks with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with nine semester hours in programming and five years of experience in business applications consulting, development, or SQA. Note: Experience in the field of work related to the positions role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Apply by creating/using account