Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Employment and Workforce
This position is a Lead Quality Assurance/Test Specialist.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 7 years of experience as a senior test specialist
• Understanding and analyzing functional and non-functional requirements
• Creating test plans
• Creating detailed test scripts
• Clear understanding of software development life cycle, common methodologies and test script traceability
• Using any industry standard test management tool (HPQC preferred)
• Executing test scripts and recording defects
• Understanding defect life cycle
• Using SQL queries (needed for querying databases during testing)
• Experience with automated testing tools
• Experience testing in projects throughout the development life cycle
• Experience with MOTS projects
• Preferred but not required – experience with state or federal government projects.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Working knowledge of the Software Test discipline including:
• Requires thorough technical, analytical and operational knowledge within the QA area of accountability with specific responsibilities for design, development and implementation of test strategies to mitigate technical risk
• Requires extensive technical experience: ability to read architectural diagrams, environment/server management documentation, review end-to-end workflows (technical/business), and utilize the information to create quality solutions.
Perform as lead quality assurance test specialist in a MOTS (Modifiable Off-the-shelf) project for a multi-tenant solution that will serve three government organizations. Provides oversight to ensure the software test discipline is appropriately applied.
• Responsible for performing and coordinating the functional, system integration, and regression testing and coordinating user acceptance testing of software for both manual and automated test execution
• Maintain schedules and coordinates activities for project efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identifying task dependencies, test schedules, utilization of test environments
• Ensures test deliverables are prepared per project guidelines; monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met.
• Interact with the product delivery team; participate in product requirement/design reviews to provide input on completeness of functional requirements, product designs, and schedules
• Identify interdependencies, ambiguities or omissions, and make suggestions to improve requirements and ensure usability/testability
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, with focus to mitigate risks
• Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery expectations
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and/or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
• Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability; including automated scripts
• Perform Test Execution; direct and monitor other testers during test execution
• Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source; coordinate activities with overall development team, monitoring and reporting on problem resolution
• Adhere to defect tracking process; document software defects, using a defect tracking tool JHPQC, monitor the progress in a timely manner, escalate aging and priority defects
• Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards
• Collect and report test results through various metrics reporting tools and communicating to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Lead other QA team members in multiple locations; coordinating work for timely delivery
• Assess readiness and deviation of project performance based on risks and the test results.
• Provides the project with in-depth system knowledge, product and service related expertise and excellent analytical skills.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Apply by creating/using account