Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
In Person Only
Contractor will design, implement and manage SQL databases including upgrading, patching and cloning of Dev, Test, Training and Prod instances. Experience with SQL Server 2012 is Required. Team Foundation Server exp. Highly Desired. Oracle exp Desired.
Under supervision of Manager of Information Systems, will design, implement and manage SQL databases including upgrading, patching and cloning of Development, Test, Training and Production instances.
Effectively communicates status of production environment and project status to stakeholders, manages and administers Microsoft Windows Servers and maintains proper configuration control for all database and stored procedure changes.
Expertise required in partitioning, indexing schemes, table compression, SQL programming and architecture design using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later versions. Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2 is also required. Must have the ability to work closely with end-users to understand, design, and deliver effective and stable solutions to business requirements as well as recommend configuration changes to improve performance of the database environment. Candididate will complete other related duties as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Guide, monitor, and manage all phases of the software development life cycle
• Monitor database health, performance and tuning, proactively take actions and alert the stakeholders.
• Monitor daily system activities, provide required support, and remediate emergent problems and incidents
• Recommend configuration changes to improve performance of the database environment.
• Understand and follow IT Service Management best-practices and protocols
• Continually improve system performance, business process efficiency, and user experience
• Effectively communicate status of production environment and project status to stakeholders
5+ years' experience performing database analysis, design and administration
5+ years SQL programming and architecture design using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or 2012 or later versions
Experience in Database security and encryption and database failover and high availability
Demonstrable mastery of SSIS and SSRS
Experience with latest version of SQL Server
4+ years' experience working with Team Foundation Server
2+ years' experience with .NET Framework 4.0/4.5, LINQ and Entity Framework
2+ years' experience with Web Services, WCF and ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with features such as partitioning, indexing schemes, table compression, etc.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and work items based on business needs
- Ability to re prioritize and Strong Problem solving and root cause identification skills and strong verbal/written - communications and presentation skills
Education: BS or equivalent university degree
Experience with SQL database backup and restoral process including log shipping, experience in Team Soft Automation, TFS automated build and 2+ years Oracle database administration, programming and architecture design experience.
Apply by creating/using account