Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Texas Education Agency (TEA).
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one technical support worker, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Technical Support 3 Category, Core Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire” and are the property of the TEA. TEA may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. TEA will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
· Experience in all aspects of PC Support, the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations; of information systems; of computer software and hardware; and of information security policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of LANDesk Management software
· Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security, and systems groups. Performs basic operation, monitoring, installation, trouble shooting, relocations, or maintenance of communications equipment. Identifies and resolves basic communications problems. Prepares or assists in the preparation of service record documentation. Shows awareness of standards and regulatory requirements related to assigned tasks.
· Assists in monitoring and providing assistance on the use and interface of systems, subsystems, and software applications. May be responsible for accessing data from and transferring data to various local, state, or federal databases. May assist in the review and recommendation of the procurement and inventory of information resources hardware or software. May write and update personal computer and mainframe application programs. Experience in automated data processing systems. Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations, of information systems, of computer software and hardware, and of information security policies and procedures. Skill in the use and support of personal computers, in the use of applicable programs and systems, and in troubleshooting information systems. Ability to operate information technology systems, to communicate effectively, and to train others.
· Provides assistance in the design, development, and maintenance of various system applications. Provides technical assistance and support for applications and hardware problems. Installs, maintains, moves, and assists in testing and upgrading new and existing hardware/software. Reviews and recommends procurement of information technology equipment. Maintains the necessary security controls over software. Makes presentations and briefings for training sessions. Prepares briefings, reports, and evaluations on system efficiency and utilization. May be responsible for accessing data from and transferring data to various local, state, or federal databases.
· Installs, maintains, moves, and assists in testing and upgrading new and existing hardware and software. Reviews and recommends procurement of information technology equipment. Maintains the necessary security controls over software. Develops procedure manuals. Develops and makes presentations and briefings for training sessions. Prepares briefings, reports, and evaluations on systems efficiency and utilization. May supervise the work of others.
· Preference - Has an understanding of EIR Accessibility technical standards and interoperability with assistive technologies used by people with disabilities. Develops solutions and work-arounds in support of customers requiring special assistance for obtaining information or inaccessible completing self-service tasks.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Apply by creating/using account