Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Health and Human Services
20 Months Approx
"Responses are due January 28, 2015"
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Project Manager, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Project Manager 2 Category, Emerging Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services (HHSC) Information Technology (IT).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire” and are the property of the HHSC. HHSC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. HHSC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
The project manager will be responsible for managing the details of the services contract including work priorities, work authorizations, accounting, change management, testing, reporting, contract hours and payment. This includes following established agency project framework such as charters, project plans, IT and business requirements, communication plans, training needs, training plans, coordinating work team deployment plans, providing status updates to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), presentations to the executive team as requested, and project close-out documentation.
This position is needed to provide project management duties for the Security Monitoring and Application Remediation Task-force (SMART) Project, which is an application security web vulnerability remediation service contract benefitting all five HHS agencies. Duties will include:
· Manages an Information Technology (IT) project with hardware, software, configuration, and security elements.
· Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
· Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
· Understands business and technical objectives of a project.
· Documents risks and develops mitigation plans.
· Manages scope.
· Creates and implements a communication plan.
· Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
· Negotiates resources.
· Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
· Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
· Provides technical support to project team members.
· Handles complex application features and technical designs.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
· Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project.
· Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
· Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
· Self-directed and independent.
· Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
· Oversees all aspects of projects.
· Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
· Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
· Responsible for the successful completion of the SMART initiative including coordinating work teams, providing status updates to the CISO, presentations to executive team as requested, and project close-out documentation.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Apply by creating/using account