Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Dept. of Revenue
See attached SOW for Job Description details.
SCOPE OF PROJECT
The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) maintains a variety of web applications that are used in the administration of taxes owed the state. These applications include both internal and external facing webs. SCDOR needs to augment its development team with an Internet/Web Engineer to assist in design, development and maintenance of existing/new web applications. Maintenance may include 1) corrections to problems/errors in the production environment, 2) changes to comply with changes in tax and revenue legislation, and 3) enhancements requested by business users as time and resources permit.
Under general supervision, contracted personnel serves as Internet/Web Engineer on complex new application development and maintenance projects involving Internet technologies in a Microsoft .Net Framework environment. Provides assistance to less experienced team members. Analyzes assigned project, architecture, and functional requirements and determines technology solutions to meet program objectives. Designs, constructs, and implements complex computer systems involving Internet technologies in the Microsoft .Net Internet environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as Internet/Web Engineer on complex development and maintenance projects involving Internet and server technologies. Analyzes project requirements and recommends techniques, tools, and methodologies to achieve project goals.
2. Designs objects, modules, and components to meet business requirements. Development environment is the Microsoft .Net Framework with C# and VB.Net as primary development language, utilizing SQL Server database and web services (SOAP and XML) technology.
3. Prepares functional specification documents, workflow models, class diagrams, interaction diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams, and other systems documentation; participates in the design of file layouts and database structures, as well as hardware and software configurations to support Internet application. Utilizes Systems Development Life Cycle tool set to automate design and development activities.
4. Programs, tests, and debugs especially complex Internet-based applications and documents actions.
5. Reviews Internet-based systems for systems enhancement and efficiency of machine and software resource utilization; assists users in resolving problems.
6. Consults with technical support, network administration, and database administration areas to ensure coherent total design of the system and to resolve any technology issues.
7. Trains less experienced staff members in procedures, practices, and standards necessary for the development of Internet-based application systems; job enrichment through training and exposure to challenging work situations.
9. Prepares progress reports and keeps management and users informed.
An associate degree in computer science and five years experience in new computer systems development or a bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, mathematics, statistics, management information science and five years experience in new computer systems development.
Thorough knowledge of the Internet applications environment in the context of a large multi-platform enterprise, including operating systems, application development tools, graphical user interface (GUI) design, database design, security procedures, and performance considerations. Experience in the Microsoft .Net Framework and C# and/or VB.Net language, SQL Server database, and web services (SOAP and XML) technology required. Thorough knowledge of and experience in techniques for computer systems development, including hardware and software, development languages and file and database structures across multiple platforms. Possess the ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form.
Apply by creating/using account