Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Health & Environmental Control Department
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of DHEC and solution implementation staff to develop and implement an Agency Data Governance and Management Policy.
Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
Contractor will provide business analyst expertise for Master Data Management Governance project. This project team will be working to define one master record for all organizational systems. Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Work directly with IT to determine how systems interact with databases.
• Interview program areas to understand data governance policies and document how current work flow affects data within various systems.
• Identifying current state, analyze current state, and produce documentation regarding current system record.
• Serve as liaison between Data Architects and stake holders, delivering technical analysis for basis of defining one master record for agency systems to include hierarchical relationship between systems.
• Assist with development of data governance policies which conform and compliment standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, etc.)
• Develop implementation plan following best practices in Data Management and Governance.
• Develop Business Processes for Data Governance and Management including business work flows and the necessary roles/responsibilities for the ongoing operational structure to support Data Governance and Management.
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
The candidate will work closely with the Bureau of Information Technology, Enterprise Application Division to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The position will work with program area team members to ensure that all business requirements are met to support the MDM system.
The position promotes agency initiatives and adheres to Information Technology application development standards to support business operations. This will also include implementation of new security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.
Module Support of the Project:
• DHEC will require that the selected candidate sign the DHEC confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable. All web services must be secure.
• DHEC will require that the selected candidate successfully complete online HIPAA training.
• Contractors must be available to DHEC during each week, excluding state holidays, throughout the term of the contract.
• A weekly review between the contractors and DHEC to ensure the expectations of this agreement are met.
• All source code (compiled and un-compiled) will become the sole property of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. Any source code, data, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by DHEC will remain the sole property of DHEC and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor's application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission of DHEC.
• DHEC has the final say on all programming language choices.
All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
DHEC will provide:
1. Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
2. Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos.
3. Workstation and required software.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing.
2. Should have skills in discovery, detailed design, current state, future state, fit gap and work with effectively with a development group.
3. Expert in Microsoft Visio.
4. Experience with Microsoft Project.
5. Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices.
6. Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form
7. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
8. Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior experience with MDM projects or data governance projects
2. Ability to integrate technical systems with agency goals and objectives.
3. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
4. Experience with MDM tools
BACHELOR'S OR MASTER'S DEGREE IN A RELEVANT FIELD OF WORK OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE. POSSESSES 5-7 YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: NONE
Apply by creating/using account