Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Department of Revenue
Duration: 12+ Months
Only candidates with experience in software development and infrastructure should apply. It is a requiring that the candidate have experience in designing involving PCI/NIST security implementations and/or audits with respect to development and/or infrastructure. Any resumes not noting PCI or NIST security work will be deemed unqualified. This will be a highly demanding job.
Please see attached SOW for more details.
SCOPE OF PROJECT
This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of designing, implementing and support of agency solutions within a NIST and/or PCI environment. This individual will need to work with various application and infrastructure groups to understand requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed. Architectural technical and documentation skills are equally important for this position.
Function: Works under general supervision and participates in the design and development of internet/intranet systems. May work independently or as a part of a team. May serve as senior technical staff member for assigned projects. May coach more junior technical staff.
Integrally involved in the development and support of all Internet/Intranet/Extranet sites and supporting systems.
Works closely with other IT groups and customers to define the system design and user interface based on customer needs and objectives.
Participates in all phases of the development and implementation process, and may act as a project manager on special projects.
Ensures the integration of the web servers and all other supporting systems by using message based middleware and interfacing with relational databases.
Be knowledgeable of best-practices for building secure web applications.
Responsible for developing client-side scripting and server-side application code.
Extensive knowledge in using programming languages such as .Net, Visual Basic, HTML, XML, Java, and/or ASP.
This position additionally requires the following:
Responsible for the overall design of the enterprise wide data/information architecture, which maps to the enterprise architecture and balances the need for access against security and performance requirements. Knowledgeable in most aspects of designing and constructing data architectures, operational data stores, and data marts. May focus on enterprise wide data modeling and database design. May define data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects. Facilitates consistent business analysis, data acquisition and access analysis and design, Areas also may include Database Management Systems optimization, archiving and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security and change management at the enterprise level.
- Support of web-based applications for internal (intranet) sites and external (Internet) sites.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and migrations from different environments, such as development, production, etc...
- Advanced in Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory
- Technical knowledge of network and server operating systems
- Knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, and DNS, DHCP.
- Extensive working knowledge of Internet protocols, tools and techniques including but not limited to:
o Internet Information Server,
o Server operating systems installation and configuration,
o Internet security,
o Virtual Private Networking (VPN),
o TCP/IP, Local Area Networks (LAN),
o Wide Area Networks (WAN),
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related topics. Consults on security issues regarding agency built/managed systems.
- Provides expertise and assistance in IT projects with regard to security concerns.
- Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure systems for Windows environments
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills a must.
- Able to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required.
- Leading effective team meetings
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Current industry certifications & hands on experience
- Experience with firewalls, web filters, load balancers.
- Ability to craft proactive and automated scripts and tools
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine operation, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network and server operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, and DNS, DHCP.
- Proven experience resolving problems in enterprise environments with known issues on both the SAN and Vmware front.
- Creating architectural documentation for based on industry best practices.
- Capacity planning based on technical analysis research.
- Up to date knowledge on various virtual infrastructure product lines.
- Experience analyzing, designing, documenting, and deploying large scale virtualization and SAN environments
- Experience designing 99.9% uptime environments (HA and DR experience required)
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Sharepoint 2010, Project 2010
- Experience with Projects operating under PMI methodology
- Development in .NET, PowerShell
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
Apply by creating/using account