Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Transportation
In Person Only
VDOT Project Manager 3
*local candidates strongly preferred
*mgr will ONLY conduct in-person interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions
Experienced Technical Project Manager for Enterprise Data Management with understanding of Geographic Information Systems and Business Intelligence
The Information Technology Division (ITD) meets VDOT's critical business needs by improving agency responsiveness, effectiveness and efficiency, through innovative research, defined architectures, planning, and optimal use of technology. Enterprise Data Management (EDM) provides universal enterprise data access by linking geospatial and business attributes to roadway centerlines via web-based applications. GIS provides the infrastructure, software, tools, techniques, and support to visualize and analyze geospatial data.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Information Technology Division is seeking an experienced technical Project Manager to join the EDM Program. Under the program manager, the project manager is responsible for the outcome of the assigned projects. The project manager leads the team through the Commonwealth Standard for Project Management for successful completion of the project phases: PreSelect, Initiation, Planning, Execution and Control and Closeout. The selected candidate will:
• Serve as a hands-on technical project manager with development staff and business groups;
• Coordinate and communicate with EDM management and staff to coordinate work tasks and resourcing;
• Communicate timelines and expectations to technical and business staff;
• Collaborate with vendors, consultants, and contractors in the execution of projects including contract management and working with the procurement office;
• Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements and coordination with VDOT and VITA PMOs.
• Maintains project budget, plans, tasks, schedules, risks, and status and disseminates information to team members and customers as defined in the communications plan.
• Document requirements and uses cases, facilitate design workshops for assigned projects;
• Define test objectives, design test plans and test cases for assigned projects;
• Provide the management of project milestones and deliverables for on-time and on-budget delivery.
• Define and measure progress with metrics;
• Support system and application training efforts;
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience managing large projects and a bachelor's degree.
Knowledge of and experience managing projects utilizing the following technologies is preferred:
• .NET Framework and Web Based Applications
• Oracle, SQL
• ESRI ArcGIS Desktop & Web-based Applications (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server ArcGIS Online)
• Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server)
• If not already qualified, applicant will need to become qualified under Commonwealth of Virginia Qualification Standards for IT Project Managers during employment. See: http://www.vita.virginia.gov/oversight/projects/default.aspx?id=589
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires a fingerprint-based background check.
PMP certification from PMI or PM certification from VITA is required - no other certification qualifies. Existing certification is preferred; however certification can be achieved while on the job within timelines established by the Program Manager.
Global Candidate Requirements
Certification and Screening Criteria
Apply by creating/using account