Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Health and Human Services
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The ICD-10 initiative is among the most complex IT projects taken on by the State's Department of Health and Human Services. This project is a multi-year effort to enhance many of the State's aging Medicaid business processes and associated systems.
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge. May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
The Technical Writer will work with various internal teams including the Project Director/Project Managers, Technical Director/Developers, and Business Analysts/SMEs in a development environment, to create business and technical project artifacts that will be utilized internally by the project team, executive management, agency staff and/or externally by vendors, CMS or other stakeholders. We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
1. Work alongside the Business Analyst/SMEs and technical staff to understand the goals/objectives of the project in order to assist in creating deliverables and supporting project documentation
2. Provide recommendations on deliverables to be produced as a result of analysis/design discussions
3. Work with technical staff to make deliverables easy to understand
4. Organize and write supporting documents when needed
5. Select photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users' understanding
6. Revise documents as new issues arise
7. Aid in organizing and maintaining the project's SharePoint repository
1. 5+ years of related experience in IT including experience in a position requiring development of structured written materials and visual aids
2. Minimum 3-6 years of technical writing experience
3. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with internal and external vendors, project team members, management and agency departments, to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
4. Ability to write, edit, and prepare graphic presentations of technical information for both technical and business personnel
5. Experience in organizing information in a way that is appropriate for technical explanations without losing sight of the needs and aptitude of the audience
6. Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors
7. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
8. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
9. Have proficiency/understanding of the MS SharePoint application
10. Must be intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency
11. Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture
12. Ability to absorb and retain complex processes
13. Strong language skills
14. Demonstrable understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage
15. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism in a fast turn-around environment
16. Exceptional experience with MS Work advanced features. The ability to create a professional document.
1. BA in English, journalism, technical writing or similar discipline
2. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline
3. Prior experience in writing Advanced Planning Documents and/or Request For Proposals
4. Knowledge of multiple SDLC concepts and the interdependencies of documentation
5. Understanding of LEAN / Agile development style
6. Prior experience with BizAgi
7. Previous experience in a government environment and the acquisition process
Apply by creating/using account