Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Social Services
1) PMI Certification is required. Candidates w/o one will not be interviewed.
2) New submittal deadline is set to 11/24/2014 at 5 PM EST.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This position will strategically manage the design, development and implementation of efficient information systems in support of network, telecommunications and core organizational functions. This position requires proven PMI project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Responsibilities include leadership of technology-focused projects and teams relying on project management values and principles.
Responsible for building and managing the project/program management office/function for IT. Defines and develops enterprise-wide IT project/program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics. Ensures projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner. Incorporates effective change and risk management controls. Partners with IT and business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities, to identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance). Directs project/program managers with business case development. Responsible for ensuring all projects within IT portfolios/programs are delivered on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project/program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools. This is a single incumbent position that typically exists in a large enterprise with multiple program managers and/or project managers as direct reports.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will work collaboratively in a leadership position with the CFS team and will perform the following:
• Using the PMI project management principles, leads the CFS team in the successful development and implementation of CSES with the ability to use traditional waterfall or the Agile iterative and incremental methods of managing the design, development, and implementation in a highly flexible and interactive manner.
• As the Project Manager, leads complex initiatives across multiple functions and teams by planning, directing, and coordinating to the project objectives with consideration for risk.
• Leads and contributes to the decision making process and facilitates conflict resolution.
• Embraces, coaches, and evangelizes project management values and principles across the organization.
• Defines and refines KPI metrics to understand team performance.
• Works with management and other Project Leaders to continually identify and implement organization-wide process improvements
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5+ years' experience as a project manager using PMI project management methodologies
• Preference will be given to experience related to Child Support Enforcement system design and developed and/or knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement program's mission and objectives.
• 5+ years' experience in information technology including computing, telecommunications, printing, data storage, data transmission etc.
• Large scale production system implementation experience.
• Knowledge of generally accepted system architecture, project management and supervision principles and practices.
• Proven abilities to plan, organize, instruct, and review the work of the CFS team.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, customers/stakeholders (State and Federal) and executives.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Self-motivated driver able to make progress despite obstacles
• Strong servant leader able to lead and work with multiple diverse roles and personalities
• One or more related certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP.
Experience as a project manager related to Child Support Enforcement system design, development and implementation and/or knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement program's mission and objectives is a positive consideration.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PROJECT STAFF, AND THE USER COMMUNITY.
BS DEGREE IN RELATED FIELD
Apply by creating/using account