Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Health and Human Services
Remote work availability: 25%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Department's Finance and Contract Management area is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Federal Code of Regulations (CFR) and State Medicaid Manual (SMM) as it relates to the submission of Advanced Planning Documents (PAPDs, IAPDs, IAPDUs, OAPDs) as well as Requests for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) of large projects for the State of South Carolina. These projects are highly complex and demand exceptionally high quality and experienced consultants that both possess key knowledge about the CFR, SMM and policies related to Federal Financial Participation (FFP) along with good language and technical writing skills, and an ability to collaborate across diverse teams that include the project teams, Department and State procurement teams, Department legal teams, and executive leadership in order to deliver of high quality work products.
The Federal Program Specialist will work with various internal teams including the Project Director/Project Managers, Technical Director/Developers, and Business Analysts/SMEs in a development environment, to create business and technical project artifacts that will be utilized internally by the project team, executive management, agency staff and/or externally by vendors, CMS or other stakeholders. The Technical Writer will also support the procurement and contracting process and ensure the Department is able to effectively manage resulting contracts.
We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
1. Work alongside the Business Analyst/SMEs and technical staff to understand the goals/objectives of the project in order to assist in creating deliverables and supporting project documentation for inclusion in Advanced Planning Documents (APD) and Request for Proposals (RFP)
2. Interview subject-matter experts to understand the processes, technologies, business needs, and other contextual details of a subject-matter domain and to elicit the appropriate technical information to compose high-quality technical write-ups. Drive discussions with project and business teams on proposal "win themes " and other strategic messages and incorporate as appropriate
3. Organize material and complete writing assignment according to RFP requirements regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
4. Drafts, finalizes edits, standardizes, or modifies materials prepared by other writers. Coordinates with proposal team leader to meet required deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for all phases of the proposal process from inception to final delivery.
5. Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with assigned proposals.
6. Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone to ensure quality for all deliverables.
7. Develops proposal process improvements which lead to improved proposal win-rates by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, and templates which result in change strategy.
8. Researches a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
9. Assists in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.). Prepare charts, graphs, or forms.
10. Establishes and maintains electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing. Maintains all final documents in Department databases and repositories.
11. Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language ensuring technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
12. Review the final production materials to ensure that message quality, format and content meet the stated objective and are consistent with agency-wide strategy and communication guidelines
13. Manage and create documentation in an iterative manner; Eliminate reliance on traditional "waterfall approaches to processes in order to accelerate delivery of written products.
14. Participate and support procurement process and provide guidance to improve agency-wide proposal quality and efficiency. This may include responsibility for the development and periodic revision of modular content (e.g., pursuit resource guides) as directed by the Project Management Office or the Department's Procurement Office.
15. Aid in organizing and maintaining the project's SharePoint repository
1. Minimum of 3-5 years of increasing responsibility and substantive and demonstrable business writing experience, including the development of proposals in a professional services environment
2. Prior experience in writing Advanced Planning Documents and/or Request For Proposals
3. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with internal and external vendors, project team members, management and agency departments, to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
4. Ability to write, edit, and prepare graphic presentations of technical information for both technical and business personnel
5. Experience in organizing information in a way that is appropriate for technical explanations without losing sight of the needs and aptitude of the audience
6. Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors
7. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
8. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
9. Have proficiency/understanding of the MS SharePoint application
10. Must be intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency
11. Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture
12. Ability to absorb and retain complex processes
13. Strong language skills
14. Demonstrable understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage
15. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism in a fast turn-around environment
1. BA in English, journalism, technical writing or similar discipline
2. Knowledge of multiple SDLC concepts and the interdependencies of documentation
3. Certified Project Manager
4. Understanding of LEAN / Agile development style
5. Prior experience with BizAgi
6. Previous experience in a government environment and the acquisition process
Apply by creating/using account