Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Revenue
Remote work availability: 25%
Note: This is a .Net application development role.
Function: Works under general supervision and participates in the design and development of internet/intranet systems. May work independently or as a part of a team. May serve as senior technical staff member for assigned projects. May coach more junior technical staff.
SCOPE OF PROJECT
Under general supervision, contracted personnel serves as Senior Programmer/Architect on complex new application development and maintenance projects involving Internet technologies in a Microsoft .Net Framework environment. Provides assistance to less experienced team members. Analyzes section's project, architecture, and functional requirements and determines technology solutions to meet program objectives. Designs, constructs, and implements complex computer systems involving Internet technologies in the Microsoft .Net Internet environment.
· Integrally involved in the development and support of all Internet/Intranet/Extranet sites and supporting systems.
· Works closely with other IT groups and customers to define the system design and user interface based on customer needs and objectives.
· Participates in all phases of the development and implementation process, and may act as a project manager on special projects.
· Ensures the integration of the web servers and all other supporting systems by using message based middleware and interfacing with relational databases.
· Be knowledgeable of best-practices for building secure web applications.
· Responsible for developing client-side scripting and server-side application code.
· Extensive knowledge in using programming languages such as Visual Basic, HTML, XML, Java, and ASP.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as technical specialist on complex development and maintenance projects involving Internet and server technologies. Analyzes project requirements and recommends techniques, tools, and methodologies to achieve the Agency's goals.
2. Develops technology requirements. Participates in determination of architectural objectives. Recommends architectural components and structures.
3. Designs objects, modules, and components to meet business requirements. Development environment is the Microsoft .Net Framework with C# as primary development language, utilizing SQL Server database and web services (SOAP and XML) technology.
4. Prepares functional specification documents, workflow models, class diagrams, interaction diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams, and other systems documentation; participates in the design of file layouts and database structures, as well as hardware and software configurations to support the Internet applications. Utilizes Systems Development Life Cycle tool set to automate design and development activities.
5. Programs, tests, and debugs especially complex Internet-based applications and documents actions.
6. Reviews Internet-based systems for systems enhancement and efficiency of machine and software resource utilization; assists users in resolving problems.
7. Consults with technical support, network administration, and database administration areas to ensure coherent total design of the system and to resolve any technology issues.
8. Trains less experienced staff members in procedures, practices, and standards necessary for the development of Internet-based application systems; job enrichment through training and exposure to challenging work situations.
9. Prepares progress reports and keeps management and users informed.
An associate degree in computer science and five years experience in new computer systems development or a bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, mathematics, statistics, management information science and five years experience in new computer systems development.
Thorough knowledge of the Internet applications environment in the context of a large multi-platform enterprise, including operating systems, application development tools, graphical user interface (GUI) design, database design, security procedures, and performance considerations. Experience in the Microsoft .Net Framework and C# language, SQL Server database, and web services (SOAP and XML) technology required.
Thorough knowledge of and experience in techniques for computer systems development, including hardware and software, development languages and file and database structures across multiple platforms.
Possess the ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form.
Extensive knowledge in using programming languages such as Visual Basic, HTML, XML, Java, and ASP.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
Apply by creating/using an account