Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Dept. of Human Services
Questions and Answers attached
This contractor must work onsite.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) III, as part of the project team, will work collaboratively with business and technical teams to gather requirements, assess the impact to business processes from data replication & data storage solutions, develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and assist in the verification of application functionality. Our team will look to the BSA to provide expertise and insight on the potential impact of requirements and technical decisions on the project. The person in this position must be able to work on location in Salem, Oregon.
• Works directly with the project manager, technical resources, and partners to best support business needs.
• Gathers, manages, and maintains business requirements.
• Assists in the creation and system mapping of applications, servers and interfaces
• Contributes to and/or reviews the technical distaster recovery design to verify that it meets requirements and business needs
• Provide direction for and support to testing by collaborating with the quality assurance team and with user acceptance testing participants.
• Applies and executes standard business systems analysis and system development theories, concepts and techniques and assists in the development and maintenance of standards and procedures.
• Escalates issues or decisions that have cost or schedule impacts.
• Assesses business scope risk, potential severity, probability and strategy.
• Contributes to the creation of a business continuity plan, inclusive of a disaster recovery solution
• A minimum of 5 years + professional consultative, analytic, or administrative experience providing expert advice and leadership in the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of information system solutions for multi-platform systems.
• Experience with disaster recovery solutions
• Experience with business continuity planning
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and software technologies, as well as the methods used in performing risk analysis and business impact analysis.
• Proven BSA skillsets and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with partners at all levels.
• Experience in administering and managing large scale, multi-system projects including directing and motivating internal staff, contractors and other participants and establishing controls and security measures.
• Previous participation in reviewing and revising agreements or contracts.
• Ability to developing long and short range plans to meet established goals, develop policies and procedures.
• Experience identifying scope and complexity of projects and assigning segments to others and then reviewing the work of others to determine accuracy and adequacy of identified conditions, criteria, recommendations and supporting materials.
• Determining efficient design of enterprise system infrastructure supporting data structures, software applications and equipment interfaces.
• Possession of a certification through the Disaster Recovery Institute International or Business Continuity Institute (CBCP, CBFP, MBCI)
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 4 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Apply by creating/using account