Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Texas Water Development Board
I. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Developer Analyst, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Developer Analyst 1 Category, Core Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire” and are the property of the TWDB. TWDB may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. TWDB will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
The selected Worker will be assigned to work for the Operations & Administration Area, Information Technology Division of the company. The Worker will work under the direct supervision of the Application Services Manager and the Technical Architect. The Worker will perform complex computer systems analysis work and will be responsible for generating reports in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). The Worker will collaborate with business areas and end users to determine layout and data requirements for reports. Work involves analysis of user requirements and procedures to remediate data and develop data-related reports. The Worker will demonstrate superior technical ability to create informative and aesthetically pleasing reports in SSRS using SQL queries, stored procedures, parameters, grouping, and sub-reports. The Worker will work under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions
· Designs, develops, and maintains SSRS reports.
· Analyzes and develops complex Microsoft SQL Server queries, views, and/or stored procedures.
· Demonstrates verbal and non-verbal communication skills to gather and document business requirements from business areas and end users.
· Works closely and amicably with business areas and end users in multi-disciplinary teams.
· Develops systems requirements specifications using some combination of interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and/or task and workflow analysis.
· Converts systems requirements into functional design documents to develop SSRS reports.
· Performs data analysis and data querying.
· Coordinates testing and deployment of SSRS reports.
· Troubleshoots and solves problems related to SSRS reports.
· Performs related work as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or related field (A PHOTOCOPY OF OFFICIAL COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT MUST BE ATTACHED TO APPLICATION)
· Relevant experience may be substituted for degree on a year-for-year basis.
Apply by creating/using account