Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Health and Human Services
Remote work availability - 25%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
South Carolina seeks an expert in Project Management of medium to complex projects.
Responsible for building and managing the project/program management office/function for IT. Defines and develops enterprise-wide IT project/program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics. Ensures projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner. Incorporates effective change and risk management controls. Partners with IT and business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities, to identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance). Directs project/program managers with business case development. Responsible for ensuring all projects within IT portfolios/programs are delivered on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project/program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools. This is a single incumbent position that typically exists in a large enterprise with multiple program managers and/or project managers as direct reports.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a consultant to act as Project Manager on multiple IT projects.
- Building a project plan and executing to that plan;
- Development of project budget and managing project expenses within the allocated budget.
- Managing project risks and issues;
- Ensuring that all deliverables and activities are completed with high quality and in a timely fashion;
- Reporting on project status and strategies orally and in writing;
- Other related duties as assigned
The Project Manager will interact with staff, other team members, all levels of management and internal and external organizations, including vendors performing outsourced work, in the compilation and management of information needed for project plans, portfolio/program plans, metrics, reports and project management documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with SharePoint and other typical project management tools, including Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel
- Experience working with risk management, including risk triggers and managing risks to project plan tasks.
- Ability to create and document key project management documents and artifacts
- Superb communications skills (written and oral)
- Effective listener
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations; ability to get people with competing, diverse interests to work together
- Experience in Medicaid or other healthcare claims system(s) IT projects preferred, but not mandatory
- Must be able to manage multiple high profile, high priority projects at one time
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Project management skills
- People skills
- Strong background in project management in a healthcare insurance information technology environment.
- Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation.
- Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to executive management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Medicaid or Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Experience implementing Pharmacy or Dental projects
- Experience with Request for Proposal (RFP) facilitation and implementations
Project management certification from a recognized source is desirable.
PUBLIC SECTOR/GOV'T EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
No, but such experience would be viewed as a plus.
Apply by creating/using an account