Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Transportation
2 Months approx
Either Go To Meeting Web Cam or In Person interview
The Programmer is responsible for analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team.
The selected candidate in this position serves as a Java J2EE Programmer 4 on the Highway Beautification Management System (HBMS) as well as other high priority IT Portfolio Projects at PennDOT. The Programmer 4 will work under the guidance of PennDOT IT Managers, Application Developer Administrators, Senior Application Developers, as well as other Programmer 5's and Programmer 4's to gather requirements, design, code, test, and implement.
The programming language will be Java/J2EE running on IBM WebSphere. Development tools used include Rational RSA and Eclipse. Some of the primary supporting tools are ClearCase, ClearQuest, RequisitPro, Functional Tester, Manual Tester, and Performance Tester. The backend databases include IBM DB/2 on mainframe zOS, Oracle 11g, and SQL Server. Some of the other middleware products currently used are IBM Websphere MQ, Message Broker, and Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS). 4 plus years experience
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study with advanced study preferred
All roles specified in PR3 plus the following:
• Required: 5 years Experience with Java J2EE applications development
• Required: 5 years of full SDLC experience as an applications developer of .Java J2EE application solutions
• Required: Strong oral and written communication skills
• Required: 3 years SQL experience
• Experience with industry standard Java, J2EE (EJB, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, JSP, Servlets), frameworks (Spring, Hibernate).
• Experience with HTML,XML
• Experience with Object Oriented Design, UML
• Experience with IBM Web Sphere
• Experience in developing business and technical requirements for systems
• Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
• Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
• This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team
• Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing.
• Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
• Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
Global Candidate Requirements
Certification and Screening Criteria
Apply by creating/using account