Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Revenue
SCOPE OF PROJECT
The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) has, as a strategic vision for the agency, an IT infrastructure project called (Phoenix 2014) that will allow the agency to achieve its long term goals of implementing a new tax system, resolve system issues relating to End-of-Life production systems, IRS remediation issues, current security network issues, replacing systems that are at the end of their lease and network segmentation requirements. This project will allow the DOR infrastructure to provide timely information regarding compliance, tax collections and financial forecasting going forward.
Under limited supervision reporting to the Technology Services Division (TSD) Management and/or a Project Manager, serves as a Technical Systems Analyst responsible for analysis, configuration, troubleshooting and support related to SCDOR tax processing applications and systems.
This contractor will be one member of a team that is comprised of proven experts in some or all of the fields of application support/troubleshooting, virtual environments, security, encryption, network automation, centralized IT management, Microsoft server, and networking environments. The intent of this work order is to provide application support & documentation for all systems at the SCDOR.
1. Serves as technical application analyst for specific South Carolina DOR applications with a focus on security configuration and troubleshooting within the SCDOR networks
2. Assists Agency management and project stakeholders in information technology planning related to the SCDOR application support and deployment as part of Project Phoenix migrations and day-to-day support/documentation activities.
3. Is required to follow SCDOR's software development life cycle, and configuration management policies and support SLA's.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyzes system configurations and corresponding documentation to evaluate the level of completeness of the documentation
2. Engages relevant managers and technicians to identify current processes not documented.
3. Develops infrastructure documentation and procedures as needed to comply with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.
4. Support existing SCDOR tax systems/applications in both legacy and new production environments.
5. Works with application system managers to review system integrations. Produces documentation and processes for configuration management with respect to application systems.
6. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
1. An associate degree in computer science and five years experience in new computer systems development, network management, or related field; or a bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, mathematics, statistics, management information science.
2. Five years' experience working in application support departments.
3. Microsoft certifications.
4. Experience of implementing NIST security or configuration management controls
5. Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices.
6. Ability to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required
7. Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form
8. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
9. Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
1. Broad experience in supporting enterprise level applications in a Windows/Mainframe environment.
2. BA, QA certifications & experience
3. Experience with VMware
4. Experience with firewalls, web filters
5. Support of web-based applications for internal (intranet) sites and external (internet) sites
6. Knowledge of software development lifecycles and migrations from different environments, such as development, production, etc.
7. Knowledge of Windows Server 2008, Sharepoint 2010, Project 2003, SCCM 2012, Windows 2012
8. Active Directory administration
9. Hands-on technical knowledge of network and server operating systems
10. Working technical knowledge of internet protocols, tools and techniques including but not limited to:
a. Internet Information Server,
b. Internet standards, including TCP/IP, and DNS, DHCP
c. Server operating systems installation and configuration
d. Internet security
e. Virtual Private Networking (VPN),
f. TCP/IP, Local Area Networks (LAN)
g. Wide Area Networks (WAN)
h. Dell and CISCO equipment, Dell and EMC SANS
i. Microsoft Office 2010
Position will be based at the South Carolina Department of Revenue main office, 300A Outlet Pointe Boulevard, Columbia, SC 29210. Some in-state travel may be required. Reimbursements for travel will be limited to SC State regulations. Computer, phone, and access to printers, copiers, and fax will be provided.
Apply by creating/using an account