Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
State Treasurer's Office
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The State of South Carolina has implemented the following modules of SAP across all state agencies: FI, MM, HR, Payroll, SRM, CRM, Treasury Management and PBF. This implementation began in November 2007 with the FI and MM modules and concluded in June 2013 with the implementation of PBF. The South Carolina State Treasurer's Office (STO) is currently in the process of implementing the investment and debt management functionality of the Treasury Management module of SAP. Toward this end, the STO is requesting the services of a SAP Functional Team Lead Consultant with extensive experience in configuring, testing and implementing the investment functionality of the Treasury Management module of SAP. The consultant will direct and coordinate development of the functional specifications necessary to meet the technical and business requirements of the Investments Management, Administration and Information Technology Divisions of the STO. The consultant must have extensive experience in developing business blueprints, configuring investment functionality, and creating configuration documents, test cases/scenarios and training materials for investment implementations. The consultant must also be able to assist in the design, documentation and development of investment reports and dashboards in ECC. The consultant will assist in the review and approval of reports designed and developed by IT in BW and Business Objects. Working knowledge of Business Objects is required. The consultant must have experience in development interfaces with brokers, banks and other financial service providers. The consultant will coordinate activities with the SC Division of Technology Operations and SC Enterprise Information System (SCEIS) Team to ensure decisions, recommendations and work products are in compliance with best practices and established standards.
As information, the STO invests in domestic, fixed rate securities to include municipal bond, corporate bond (fixed and floaters), commercial paper, treasuries, repos and mortgage backed securities. STO has 11 portfolios with over 1,500 separate user accounts with a market value of $11 billion.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interacts with business users in STO's Investments Management Division through interviews, desk audits, review of policies/procedures manuals, etc., and translates daily/monthly/year-end activities into high level business requirements.
Creates and presents proto-types (provides demonstrates) to business users for implementation of out-of-the-box and custom investment functionality required to replicate and/or improve these work activities.
Works with Project and Investments Management Divisions to obtain agreement and approval of proposed design/business requirements.
Once approved, creates a detail business blueprint document and obtains final approval by all parties.
Oversees/coordinates (with STO IT and SCEIS Team) to configure SAP to provide the functionality in the business blueprint.
Works closely with developers to assist in with development and testing of activities requiring custom development more specifically the development of pooled investments and data necessary to manage STO's 11 portfolios.
Coordinates with STO's IT Division, the SC Division of Technology Operations and SCEIS to define all technical requirements necessary to create test environments needed properly test and implement the investment functionality in SAP.
Works closely with DBA's, BASIS team and project managers at SCEIS and STO to conduct testing, transmit changes through the appropriate release management processes to production to ensure minimal issues and optimal performance.
Provides support to technical/reporting team to create universes, data structures, and to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
Provides extensive knowledge transfer sessions for IT and business users to ensure investments and reporting solutions can be created, modified and maintained by STO at the end of this engagement.
Reports to and provides daily updated STO's IT Director (Project Manager for this engagement).
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO TRANSLATE COMPLEX BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS INTO TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND ULTIMATELY INTO PROJECT DELIVERABLES.
- MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING BUSINESS BLUEPRINT DOCUMENTS USED BY DEVELOPMENT STAFF TO CONFIGURE, PROGRAM AND TEST FUNCTIONALITY.
- MUST HAVE A SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF REPORTING AND ANALYTICS PRINCIPLES, THEORIES, CONCEPTS AND TECHNIQUES TO SUPPORT CREATION OF REPORTS/DASHBOARDS FOR INVESTMENT FUNCTIONALITY.
- MUST HAVE A SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF 'STRAIGHT THROUGH PROCESSING' AND THE CREATION OF INTERFACES WITH BANKS AND OTHER FINANCIAL ORGANIZATIONS/ INSTITUTIONS.
- MUST HAVE EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE PROVIDING TRAINING TO INVESTMENT AND TECHNICAL PERSONNEL ON THE INVESTMENT FUNCTIONALITY IN SAP.
- MUST HAVE A SOUND WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF OTHER TREASURY MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONALITY IN SAP INCLUDING DEBT MANAGEMENT AND CASH MANAGEMENT.
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, MATHEMATICS, ENGINEERING OR RELATED DISCIPLINE.
- MASTER'S DEGREE PREFERRED.
- TEN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IMPLEMENTING SAP IS REQUIRED.
- EXPERIENCE IMPLEMENTING THE INVESTMENT FUNCTIONALITY OF SAP IN AT LEAST FIVE LARGE ORGANIZATIONS IS REQUIRED.
- TWO OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS MUST BE STATE, FEDERAL OR COUNTY (PUBLIC SECTOR) ORGANIZATIONS.
- MUST HAVE SERVED AS THE INVESTMENTS
Apply by creating/using account