Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Revenue
The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) has, as a strategic vision for the agency, an IT infrastructure project called (Phoenix 2014) that will allow the agency to achieve its long term goals of implementing a new tax system, resolve system issues relating to End-of-Life production systems, IRS remediation issues, current security network issues, replacing systems that are at the end of their lease and network segmentation requirements. This project will allow the DOR infrastructure to provide timely information regarding compliance, tax collections and financial forecasting going forward.
As the size and complexity of Project Phoenix 2014 to rebuild our current Network/Domain environment, and the aggressive deployment timelines require addition resources to configure/deploy and troubleshoot Cisco switches and firewalls, as well as Cisco Client. Be able to communicate in real time, the status of project Phoenix network segmentation/deployment status and issues. The intent of this work order is to supplement the DOR Support and Deployment functions focusing on new infrastructure and end-to-end technology role out (Project Phoenix). Some of these are Cisco Client, Vmware, Vmax, and the DR site build out, MS System Center, Cisco network switches, routers, firewalls and VPN solutions.
Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as Senior Network Engineer, reporting directly to the Network Infrastructure Manager of South Carolina DOR. One main focus of this position is to supplement the current Service Level Agreement in accordance with the needs of the Agency's application projects, migrations and related system changes that are part of Project Phoenix. These applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework and related web enabled components. The Senior Network Engineer must demonstrate an ability to understand a three tiered system architecture, project objectives and timelines, assist in coordinating efforts of the development teams, CISO and infrastructure support/deployment teams. General duties include Cisco Client and Cisco firewalls/switch configuration/deployment and troubleshooting.
The following areas of DOR also need assistance in support, but these are not a requirement to apply for this position. Experience in these areas would be a plus: MS Content management system, Provisioning server, SharePoint 10/12, SolarWinds, Opsmanager, EMC SANs, and Group Policies, AD 2012, Exchange 2012, SharePoint 2012,.
- Effectively interact and communicate with peers to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets.
- Ability to perform unattended troubleshooting, document said troubleshooting and hand off for other techs.
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to software setup and configuration.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator error, and resolve or repair
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure servers in collaboration with WAN group
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Lead and execute small projects
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible for performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Cisco Router/Firewall configuration/deployment and troubleshooting
- Cisco Client configuration/deployment and troubleshooting
- Cisco switch configuration/deployment and troubleshooting
- Cisco VPN solutions
- Cisco Nexus system configuration/deployment and troubleshooting
- Windows 2008/2012
- Network IP management
- Brocade configuration/deployment and troubleshooting
- Active Directory management
- VMware Esx 5.x
- Support of web-based applications for internal (intranet) and external (Internet) sites.
- SharePoint 2010, 2012 and Windows Sharepoint Services
- Current industry certifications
- Microsoft Content, Management Server (CMS)
- Exchange 2010, 2012
- Emc San
- Group Policies
- Experience with designing web pages
- Familiarity with Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
- Experience and working knowledge of backup products and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine operation, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Understanding of the system development life cycle
Position will be based at the South Carolina Department of Revenue main office, 300a Outlet Point Blvd., Columbia, SC 29210. Computer, phone, and access to printers, copiers, and fax will be provided.
Apply by creating/using account