Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Clemson University, Anderson, SC and/or Greenville, SC
Possibility of Extn : Yes
Resume Should not be of more than two pages
Overview/Scope of Project:
The Medicaid Member Management project is one of the most complex technology development projects undertaken by Clemson University on behalf of the State of South Carolina's Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS). This project is a multi-year effort to replace the State's Medicaid Eligibility Determination System (MEDS) with a multi-tier application environment that requires modern technologies, technical practices and substantial collaboration with a variety of stakeholders.
Overview of Position/Job Duties:
This position will provide testing and Quality Assurance support of a larger technology modernization and transformation project. This position may be asked to perform leadership tasks for a team of qualified QA analysts. The team is a combination of Clemson information technology professionals and experienced consultants, and we are seeking individuals who are highly productive, very flexible, and can work effectively in an environment where ambiguity is common. Team members are expected to contribute with minimal supervision and be self-motivated. The project demands individuals who are strong collaborators, who want to make a positive contribution to the State of South Carolina, and can understand top-level goals and objectives and drive toward them.
The QA team is one part of a larger project that will use modern technologies and modern strategies, and the team cultivates "thought leadership for Medicaid eligibility systems and general health information technology.
Candidates who enjoy working on complex, change-oriented projects with motivated team members will find this position attractive.
The primary area of responsibility in this position is to test new and existing software functionality through the use of manual and automated testing methods. This position requires an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to assess the implementation of software development to support federally mandated changes for the SC Medicaid system. The QA Analyst will develop, create, modify, and execute test cases based upon defined acceptance criteria and business requirements. The candidate must be experienced in the process of and tools used in defect identification, tracking and resolution. Must possess demonstrated skill in coordinating testing efforts and resolutions among all project team members. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as documentation skills.
All aspects of the system, including, but not limited to user experience, interfaces and database will be tested. The candidate should be familiar with all phases of testing within the SDLC and the various testing methodologies (ie, functional, load, stress and performance, regression, negative/positive, black and glass box, etc). Web-base application experience.
The QA Analyst will help ensure the highest quality of the product before it reaches the customer.
JOB J JOB DUTIES:
1. Participate in analysis and design of features and enhancements (5%)
2. Participate in an Agile SDLC (5%)
3. Establish estimates for quality assurance tasks (5%)
4. Create and execute manual test cases for the Medicaid project according to standards and best practices (25%)
5. Develop and execute automated testing scripts to efficiently test new functionality and continually retest existing functionality (25%)
6. Review, verify, and track software defects from any and all sources (10%)
7. Participate in the development, maintenance, and execution of regression testing via an automated testing tool (10%)
8. Assist in maintenance of defect-tracking system (5%)
9. Actively contribute to process refinement and documentation. (5%)
10. Actively contribute to enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA organization. (5%)
1. Background in healthcare (preferably a South Carolina)
2. Programming experience in scripting language a plus
3. Knowledge of SQL
4. Knowledge and experience with enterprise workflow solutions
5. Assisting with organizational transformation
6. Expertise implementing automated testing
7. Knowledge and experience with Atlassian Suite Tools / JIRA / Confluence
8. Management/team leadership experience
9. Stable employment history
10. Local candidates preferred or a desire to live/work in the Upstate South Carolina
11. Candidates must embrace collaboration and have a can do attitude
Apply by creating/using account