Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department of Social Services
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
DSS IS MOVING IN AN AGILE/ LEAN DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY UTILIZING TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO HAVE A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON TO ADMINISTER AND SET GUIDELINES AND STANDARDS IN PLACE FOR THE FRAMEWORK THAT SUPPORTS THE AGILE/ LEAN METHODOLOGY.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect, install, update, maintain and scale TFS and related systems.
- Manage the configuration and security for TFS, team project collections, team projects, and project portals.
- Install, configure and manage build controllers and build servers.
- Perform health and performance monitoring of TFS and related systems.
- Manage backup and recovery plans for TFS and related systems.
- Develop, Manage and Implement Process Templates.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with development managers in the selection and use of process templates.
- Work with SharePoint team members to provide Project Portal (SharePoint).
- Provide guidance and collaborate with development managers in the effective use of team project portals and reports.
- Manage organization and customization of team project portal web sites.
- Develop and manage dashboards and reports for team projects and other aspects of the TFS system.
- Team Projects and Collections.
- Work with development mangers to create and configure team projects, and update team project configurations for sprints/iterations.
- Work Item Tracking.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with development managers in the selection and use of work items.
- Implement work item template customizations.
- Version Control.
- Provide guidance for version control and branching best practices.
- Develop and manage version control branching and labeling strategies Builds.
- Provide guidance for build and test automation and continuous integration.
- Develop and manage automated build, continuous integration and testing environments.
- Release and deployment management.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with business managers to develop and manage configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage integration of deployment automation with production system.
- Work closely with development, test, and production personnel to ensure proper coordination and smooth releases to production system.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Address technical problems that arise with the Agency's TFS Solution.
Act as Agency's TFS help desk support.
Install, Configure, Manage, and Administer Agency's TFS Environment.
Implement TFS Security best practices.
Apply patches and updates to TFS Servers and Clients.
Create, manage, secure, archive and delete Team Project Collections and Team Projects.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PROJECT STAFF, AND THE USER COMMUNITY.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
STRONG PROJECT SKILLS
MINIMAL MANAGEMENT REQUIRED
Manager is requiring Skype video interviews.
This means candidate's should present themselves professionally in both appearance and environment. Meaning....dress professional, quiet/private interview environment.....No Pajama's, shorts, t-shirt or TV or other distractions in the background.
Any interviews posted for his opportunities must be conducted within the following hours:
Between 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30
Therefore, if an interview is requested and the candidate cannot make the dates and times provided in the request. Please make sure you request a new date with the above mention time frames noted.
There is an attached supplemental questions document. Candidate must also complete the supplemental questions before resume will be reviewed.
It is assumed that resumes will reflect quality of candidate. Unorganized and unprofessional resumes will be promptly disregarded and in some cases candidate will be rejected on this criteria alone. Please keep resumes fewer than two pages. Candidates with well-polished and grammatically correct resumes will have higher preference. Again, resumes should not be more than 2 pages.
Candidates with contract longevity will have higher preference. Any candidate with more than two 1-Year or less contracts within the last five years will be ranked less than candidates with multi-year contracts during the same time period.
Candidates with college degrees will have preference. Candidates with degrees from colleges and universities accredited by organizations recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) will have higher preference.
Candidates submitted above the average bill rate are expected to be above average in skill set, knowledge and ability.
A final decision will not be made until all resumes are reviewed. This is a critical position and critical judgment will be made in the hiring decision
Apply by creating/using account