Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Department of Social Services SC
Remote possibility : No
Plz note :
Manager is requiring Skype video interviews.
This means candidate's should present themselves professionally in both appearance and environment. Meaning....dress professional, quiet/private interview environment.....No Pajama's, shorts, t-shirt or TV or other distractions in the background.
Any interviews posted for his opportunities must be conducted within the following hours:
Between 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30
Therefore, if an interview is requested and the candidate cannot make the dates and times provided in the request. Please make sure you request a new date with the above mention time frames noted.
There is an attached supplemental questions document. Candidate must also complete the supplemental questions before resume will be reviewed.
It is assumed that resumes will reflect quality of candidate. Unorganized and unprofessional resumes will be promptly disregarded. Resumes should be no more than 2 pages.
Candidates submitted above the average bill rate are expected to be above average in skill set, knowledge and ability.
A final decision will not be made until all resumes are reviewed. This is a critical position and critical judgment will be made in the hiring decision.
Skill set expectations are that the candidates who are strong with SQL Servers should also have experience and working knowledge of how it interacts with other networks, servers, Active directory, etc.
Additionally, this person should be familiar with the entire process "soup to nuts " of SQL Server.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
THIS IS AN ONGOING PROJECT TO ENABLE DSS TO BETTER SECURE, MANAGE, IMPEMENT AND MAINTAIN SQL SERVER ENVIRONMENT. THIS POSITION IMPACTS AGENCYS ABILITY TO MEET FEDERAL GUIDELINES AND PROGRAM INITIATIVES.
* Develops security measures and policies for SQL Server to prevent unauthorized access.
* Recommends tools and resources to monitor SQL Server activity and provide key statistics and performance measures.
* Researches and evaluates new technologies to improve SQL Server functionality.
* Analyzes and troubleshoots problems related to SQL Server Environment.
* Knowledge and experience with managing, securing, troubleshooting and administrating SQL Server 2005 or above.
* Knowledge and experience with SQL Server connection protocols including Kerberos and NLTM.
* Create, Write, Trouble-shoot and Deploy SSIS packages.
* Creates triggers, stored procedures, and query optimization plans.
* Creates normalized database objects.
* Creates SQL Server maintenance plans for DR planning and business continuity.
* Installs SQL Server as per best practices.
* Practical knowledge of SQL DBMS objects such as system databases and recovery models.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Backup and restore methodologies.
Experience architecting, setting up, configuring and administrating failover clusters, mirroring, replication and other high availability strategies.
Experience troubleshooting bottle necks in SQL Server.
Experience creating, deploying and managing SQL Server Auxiliary features such as SSRS. SSAS, SSIS.
Skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PROJECT STAFF, AND THE USER COMMUNITY.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
STRONG PROJECT SKILLS
MINIMAL MANAGEMENT REQUIRED
Apply by creating/using account