Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
CL - Business Analyst - Consultant
Health & Environmental Control Department
12 Months Hrs/Wk:40.00
J02 - 301 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC 29201
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of DHEC and solution implementation staff to analyze current infrastructure and systems to understand operational requirements, function and process. Assist team in documenting future state of migrated systems as outlines for migration plans. Work with team members to ensure efficient design and optimal operational effectiveness of final infrastructure target.
* Develop Business Processes including business work flows and the necessary roles/responsibilities for the ongoing operational structure to support the data center migration and the daily operations of our data center.
* Work directly with IT to determine and document systems interactions, workflows and interdependencies within the current and future agency technology infrastructure.
* Interview agency staff to understand and document how current work flow affects data within various systems.
* Identifying current state, analyze current state, and produce documentation regarding current and future state.
* Serve as liaison between Data Architects and stake holders, delivering technical analysis for basis of defining system and infrastructure documentation.
* Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.)
The position promotes agency initiatives and adheres to Information Technology application development and infrastructure standards to support business operations. This will also include implementation of new security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
The candidate will work closely with the Assigned Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design and testing.
This will also include compliance to DHEC security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.
Module support of the project.
• DHEC will require that selected personnel sign the DHEC confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable. All web services must be secure.
• DHEC will not accept any offers including an "up-lift” charge. The rate paid per consultant must not exceed the maximum rate established for this position described in the State contract terms.
• Contractors must be onsite during each week throughout the term of the contract.
• Follow agency IT Standards, policies, and procedures to include documentation.
• All source code (compiled and un-compiled) will become the sole property of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. Any source code, data, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by DHEC will remain the sole property of DHEC and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor's application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission of DHEC.
• DHEC has the final say on all programming choices.
All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
DHEC will provide:
• All required information including formulas, data, and mechanisms to check output.
• Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
• Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos.
• Workstation and required software.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Experience with Industry Standard Information Security Practices
2. Experience in designing and implementing enterprise level systems architectures.
3. Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing.
4. Should have skills in discovery, detailed design, current state, future state, fit gap and work with effectively with a development group.
5. Expert in Microsoft Visio.
6. Experience with Microsoft Project.
7. Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices.
8. Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical staff, management, users and vendors to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form
9. Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
2. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
3. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
4. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
5. Ability to integrate technical systems with agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience. Possesses 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
Apply by creating/using account