Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
CL - Internet / Web Engineer - Consultant
Department of Revenue
R44 - 300A Outlet Pointe Boulevard Columbia SC
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The intent of this work order is to supplement the DOR Enterprise Applications Services team focusing on development, testing, and deployment of enterprise application solutions. This individual will need to work with various business and technology groups to understand requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed. Architectural technical and documentation skills are equally important for this position.
Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as a senior development consultant responsible for the development and maintenance of architecture models for large-scale enterprise web applications. The contractor designs component structures and relationships, builds architecture framework, utilizes development application technologies such as services oriented architecture (SOA), workflow engines, business rules engines, and SharePoint technologies to build secure high-performance, maintainable application architectures. The contractor works with application and systems analysts in the design of application components within the SC-DOR software development life cycle. The contractor also works with senior analysts and to develop architecture frameworks for responsible programs.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peers to Director-level IT professionals
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements, and new features
- Must have initiative, drive, and be a self-starter
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate, and implement process related improvements
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system, and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets
- Ability to perform unattended troubleshooting, document said troubleshooting, and hand off for other techs.
The contractor will:
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to software setup and configuration pertaining to SCDOR web applications and other custom SharePoint solutions
- The contractor will be required to provide technical documentation and perform other duties as needed
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend enhancements, as needed, based on data gathered
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems pertaining to web application design, deployment, and/or support
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to applications and systems for which the Web Services team is responsible
- Escalate complex problems to other internal IT groups, or vendors for resolution
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain systems and application software and peripherals for users; install and configure servers required for designed solutions
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible for performing root cause analysis and resolution
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• SharePoint Technologies (2013/2016)
• .Net Framework (ASP.net, ADO.net)
• Web development using MVC
• General database design and administration
• Application level security
• Internet Information Services
• Organizational Skills
• Verbal Communication Skills
• Written Communication Skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.
• Microsoft Team Foundations Server
• Working in team development environment
• Security procedures
• A bachelor's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and five (5) years of experience in information technology systems or related area. ; or an associate's degree and seven (7) years of experience in information technology systems or related area; or a high school diploma and ten (10) years of experience in information technology systems or related area.
Apply by creating/using account